Multilingual Support? (1 Viewer)

COM.petence

Portal Member
January 18, 2010
I would like to sort my series in two languages (english and german).

Problems:
1.) I can't define different languages for the series (even the german series got the english content information)
2.) I watch some series in both languages (no dvd-rip's, so audio/video in one file), but there is no option to list it like"Smallville (DE)" and "Smallville (US)". Would be a great feature, wouldn't it?

Greetz,
COM.petence

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Resurrecting this old post because I have a similar problem:-
    Sometimes the same TV series or programs are transmitted in different languages by different broadcasters, e.g. Vienna Blood in German by ZDF and English on the BBC but neither broadcaster offers a multilingual soundtrack. I live in a multilingual household and would like to be able to have both versions included in MP TV Series. Is it possible and if so how?
    My MP1 Gui is set to German but for example a recording in German with say name_S01_E02 only imports the English info. or does not import anything if the English version of that episode has already been imported.

bta489

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know, that is currently not possible. I'm not aware of any mechanism for differentiating between versions of a single episode (or show, as suggested in the first post). It is possible, however, to override the metadata-language on the series level (for all episodes of that show).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom