Multimedia display for office (1 Viewer)

ebatte

October 17, 2006
I was wondering if MediaPortal could be used in an office to display multimedia simultaneously - like something you might see in an airport.

For example, I might want to display the weather for a few minutes, followed by a photo slideshow, followed by a few minutes of TV - or all at once.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Eric

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So "anything" is possible. ;)

I meant, "is there a current configuration that allows this already?"

No. It has to be developed as a plugin. A developer has to design and code what you are looking for. It can be done, but I don't think any developer will work on it.

Why, you ask?

I have asked before. It is not how MP was designed to be used. At least that was the answer which was given to me.

RoyN

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    I think it might be easier to develop this outside of MP as a standalone program...

I think stuff like this already exists, but it shouldnt be difficult to develop standalone...basically, you would want some software that would display say a powerpoint presentation, then some video, then some webpages, then start again... that way, you get your logo, stuff, then whatever video you want, then some weather/news pages formatted appropriately than start again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom