Multiple Monitors, make remote only control MediaPortal, not active window. Is this possible? (1 Viewer)

caliskier

Portal Member
December 2, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So i have a setup where the HTPC is in my living room to run my tv, but I have monitors in my office next to my living room where I can use that same HTPC as a desktop PC. Testing tis out I see that the remote will control the active window which makes sense but I am wondering if I can tell windows to ignore the remote for all programs except MediaPortal. What is happening is if I am in excel and my wife is changing the channel, she is not changing the channel, she is making me page up and page down in excel. I want excel to ignore these inputs and only media portal to accept them. I want to be able to watch and contol tv and work at the same time. is this possible to isolate the remote commands to mediaportal only?

caliskier

Portal Member
December 2, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Oh gosh, I am just plugging it in and using it, did not set a mode. It works fine, just wants to control the active window when I am using excel and not MediaPortal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, I understand. However, what you're asking isn't trivial, even though it may seem like it should be. The remote's mode will determine which commands are sent. If the remote is in a mode that causes it to send/emulate keyboard shortcuts, it may be difficult to achieve your goal. In other words: for your purposes certain modes may be better than others, and so you're going to have to care about those details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom