Multiple tracks from same artist in one folder and cover image (1 Viewer)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When I have multiple tracks from the same artist with each having a different cover image in its id3 tag in the same folder, only the cover image of the latest added track is shown for all the tracks. How can I show the correct image for each track?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I have multiple tracks from the same artist with each having a different cover image in its id3 tag in the same folder, only the cover image of the latest added track is shown for all the tracks. How can I show the correct image for each track?

Have you imported your files into the database?
    How are your files structured?
    Do your files all have the correct album and album artist tags?

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: Multiple tracks from same artist in one folder and cover image

Have you imported your files into the database?
    Yes.
    How are your files structured?
    Alphabetically, with folders for each Artist and folders for every Album in it. But the tracks I'm talking about are Singles where no Album is currently available. They are in an folder under Various Artists/Singles.
    Do your files all have the correct album and album artist tags?
    Yes, all my tracks are tagged correctly.

I took a look at the thumbs folder and think there's the problem: Whenever I add new files to the folder new Album images are created with only the Artists name and the Album name in it. So it's obvious why the older files are overwritten by new ones. It would be better to give a unique id for each new file or at least add the title to the filename.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: Multiple tracks from same artist in one folder and cover image

I took a look at the thumbs folder and think there's the problem: Whenever I add new files to the folder new Album images are created with only the Artists name and the Album name in it. So it's obvious why the older files are overwritten by new ones. It would be better to give a unique id for each new file or at least add the title to the filename.

Are you using shares or database view?
    Also for these singles have you set the album tag to the single name or is this blank? Same for album artist.
    In music database tab do you have the treat tracks in an individual folder as an album?
    What options do you have ticked under that for thumb creation?

Thumbs are built a little weird (hence why we have 0003456: Thumbs loading need overhaul in Music - MediaPortal Bugtracker)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Multiple tracks from same artist in one folder and cover image

Are you using shares or database view?
    database view, to be exactly album artists (the new indexed one).
    Also for these singles have you set the album tag to the single name or is this blank? Same for album artist.
    album artist is 'Various Artists', album is 'Singles'.
    In music database tab do you have the treat tracks in an individual folder as an album?
    no, but I thought it was previously set to yes. not sure :confused:
    What options do you have ticked under that for thumb creation?
    screenshot attached.
    ok, but doesn't seem to be related to this problem.

Attachments

• music_database_settings.jpg
      music_database_settings.jpg
      68.1 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Multiple tracks from same artist in one folder and cover image

album artist is 'Various Artists', album is 'Singles'.

ok, but doesn't seem to be related to this problem.
    I think it is related. The code is far too rigid in what it is looking for and can use the wrong thumb in a lot of different circumstances.

Basically there is a function that retrieve artwork by artist and album name. Now I am assuming that your artist tag is set correctly (??) and if this is the case what happens is that during a scan it will look for a thumb for Artist A and Album B. If more than one is found it uses one (can't remember whether it is first or last) and if a new track gets added that thumb will get used.

The only way around this currently is to use the album tag as the single name.

This is one of the reasons for that Mantis entry for 1.3

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Multiple tracks from same artist in one folder and cover imag

Basically there is a function that retrieve artwork by artist and album name. Now I am assuming that your artist tag is set correctly (??) and if this is the case what happens is that during a scan it will look for a thumb for Artist A and Album B. If more than one is found it uses one (can't remember whether it is first or last) and if a new track gets added that thumb will get used.
    that's exactly the problem. btw it's the latter one.

The only way around this currently is to use the album tag as the single name.

This is one of the reasons for that Mantis entry for 1.3
    so it is adressed and maybe 1.3 will bring a solution for it.
    :D for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom