[TV] multiseat setup: Show indication that a connnection is occuring to server (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Started on: 01-07-2013
    last update: 01-07-2013

Summary:
    Show a connecting dialogue / graphic when connecting to TVServer via multi-seat setup.
    Area:
    MyTV
    Description:
    When using a multi-seat setup, there is a pause of around 6 seconds where the Client is connecting to the TV Server (UNC paths). During this time, you have no idea if you have pressed the 'select' button, if the client has crashed etc. By implementing either a textual or graphical indication (i.e. similar to the spinning cog in Aeon Nox, XBMC) you can be certain to what the system is up to.

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Azzuro,

If I've read that correctly, that thread is about supressing messages when TV Server isn't active or running. This suggestion is about improving the visible communication and feedback from the system when connecting to a channel. I.e. I have a Windows 2012 Server running TVE3 and Argus Scheduler. This is running 24/7 and client connect to it to watch stuff.

When a client connects it can take around 6 seconds for the connection be made, the buffering to occur and the stream to be parsed correctly. During this time, nothing happens... All remote control actions are surpessed and the system appears to be locked out. IF we had a message that said something like "Changing channel to xxxxx" or similar (graphical or textual) I would know that the system HASN'T crashed and is working fine as during that window I have no idea if the connection will succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom