MultiShortcut + Netflix (2 Viewers)

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've looked at that in the past. Do they actually support remotes or is it just an air mouse they are recommending?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Directional buttons (up/down/left/right) on MCE remote works. Had some issues when MP was running in background.... I think I solved this by "Hide MP = true".

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried kylo in stead of firefox on this setup. Way better! And as Spragleknas says, it works out of the box with an MCE remote.

Would be good if it was possible to terminate kylo with a click on the remote - haven't found a way to make this work. You have to move the cursor down to the bottom of the screen to get the control panel up, move the cursor to the right "setup button" and click, move the cursor up and click exit. A bit troublesome, but better than have to use a keyboard.

Also it is possible to use an onscreen keyboard with the remote. Not very fast, but useable for a few keystrokes and it works automatically when you click an input field.

All in all a very good Netflix solution.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Damn.... Still having some issues with Kylo & MCE remote... mouse cursor going downwards all the time.... Seems like MP is interrupting.

Anyone else?

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Damn.... Still having some issues with Kylo & MCE remote... mouse cursor going downwards all the time.... Seems like MP is interrupting.

Anyone else?

Strange, it works for me with no problem at all.
    Only setting I made in MP is general/startup-resume settings, where I unchecked MP always on top, but since you can see Kylo, I figure this is not the problem. Saw you made a setting in MP: "Hide MP = true" - not sure where you do that, but could this conflict with "MP always on top"?

In Kylo config I have these settings: Control: all checked, Compatibility: behave as Firefox 5, Advanced: Run plugin as separate process

Last edited:

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So I have this setup using Kylo and it looks pretty sweet. But I was just wondering if anyone has figured out how to scroll using the remote?

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So I have this setup using Kylo and it looks pretty sweet. But I was just wondering if anyone has figured out how to scroll using the remote?
    Haven't found other solution than using the scroll bars. Not optimal, but it works.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you can use your remote with EventGhost, you should find it fairly straightforward to set a button to close (i.e. Alt+F4) just for when using Kylo/Opera/Firefox and still have the button do whatever it normally does in Mediaportal. Likewise, you could assign Ch+/- to Page Up/Down for scrolling pages.[DOUBLEPOST=1354978628][/DOUBLEPOST]
    By the way, you might want to check this out if you're a UK user of netflix:

http://tunlr.net/

Its basically a free version of 'Unblock US' - it gives UK users of Netflix access to the FAR superior US catalogue.

Now dropped though http://tunlr.net/forums/topic/netflix-support-has-been-dropped/

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    If you can use your remote with EventGhost, you should find it fairly straightforward to set a button to close (i.e. Alt+F4) just for when using Kylo/Opera/Firefox and still have the button do whatever it normally does in Mediaportal. Likewise, you could assign Ch+/- to Page Up/Down for scrolling pages.[DOUBLEPOST=1354978628][/DOUBLEPOST]
    By the way, you might want to check this out if you're a UK user of netflix:

http://tunlr.net/

Its basically a free version of 'Unblock US' - it gives UK users of Netflix access to the FAR superior US catalogue.

Now dropped though http://tunlr.net/forums/topic/netflix-support-has-been-dropped/

Yes it was dropped a while ago now. Though there is now a plugin for chrome browsers which does the same thing afaik? I've stopped using netflix now so I'm not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom