MultiShortcut + Netflix (1 Viewer)

Knobby

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
"2. Create a folder called MultiShortcut in your local language folder located at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language."

I don't have a folder C:\ProgramData - what should I do? Just create one?

Knobby

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks, I've found it and now have it installed.

But........ how do you use a remote to navigate around Netflix webpage? All I can seem to do is scroll the page up and down.

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks now it work like I want it to work.
I use a iPad and Air Keyboard to control the webpage :)
I also have to change a little because I have Mustayaluca as default.

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For those with windows media center you can launch the netflix portion of wmc through multishortcut launching a shortcut to:

C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /url:windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=

Works perfectly with my hauppauge remote, other than weird error message right at start-up and the fact that if you keep going back you end up in wmc proper.

If you have windows 8 you can also launch the netflix app using the metrolauncher2 http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downloads/ but you will need mouse input to navigate.

NRK

Portal Member
July 12, 2007
Hi, I wrote the metrolauncher app which is how I found this thread. While I canceled my Netflix account and don't have a huge personal interest in this anymore, I could probably write a wrapper fairly easily that is designed specifically for the launching of the MCE version of Netflix. I haven't tried the method mentioned above to know its exact limitations, but i would make it to close the weird error message and close MCE when Netflix closes (instead of going to the MCE screen).

If anyone is interested let me know or I wont bother.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Like = interested :)
    Btw, IIRC Kylo has MCE-remote features built in. (Sometimes gives issues, tho').

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom