MultiShortcut + Netflix (1 Viewer)

NRK

Portal Member
July 12, 2007
I put something up if anyone wants to try it.
http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downloads/

Its the WMC Netflix wrapper. Self Explanitory. :)

Unfortunately its not a perfect solution but maybe ok for some.
I'd appreciate any feedback as I don't even have Windows Media Center on my desktop to extensively test this.

Oh, and if the splash screen is not long enough or too long, read the included instructions... :p

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey @NRK,

I've tried this wrapper... looks good so far. Thanks for sharing it. I'll post more after I've used it a while.

I wonder if the "exit" modes can be configurable so not all three modes run all the time. Also, I'd like to be able to assign a keyboard stroke (one not used in WMC) as the key that exits instead of the three modes you have. I don't use an MCE remote, but instead have IRSS mapping IR codes to keyboard output.

Thanks again.

Geoff

NRK

Portal Member
    July 12, 2007
    Thanks for the reply.

The file has been updated to allow you to make your own hotkey and fix the splashscreen not working properly when MCE is in fullscreen.

The screen will still go black for a moment when MCE tries to take over and when it finally is allowed to have fullscreen access unfortunately.

Can I ask why it bothers you that there is more than one method to exit? They shouldnt have any negative effect unless you dont want to exit media center when your done with netflix.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can I ask why it bothers you that there is more than one method to exit? They shouldnt have any negative effect unless you dont want to exit media center when your done with netflix.

Well, I don't use an MCE remote. I use keystrokes sent from IRSS. I use {ESC} to go backwards.... I've since noticed that {BACKSPACE} will go backwards as well. Also, I found it unreliable to count the number of enter vs. backwards as it would exit after watching a show. To me, to have control of the key is preferable.
    Thanks for implementing the custom key. It's not clear from your post or the instructions... this will be the only method to exit when you configure a key in "exitkey.txt"?

Another thanks for taking the fullscreen into account... I had noticed a small quirk when trying it out last night...

I'll test again and report back.

Great stuff!!!

Cheers

Geoff

NRK

Portal Member
    July 12, 2007
    Ok, I reworked it a bit and it has all the configurations you want. I just uploaded another version now in case you took the last version. Counting the forward backwards commands works great for me, and that part of the code is so simple I'm really not sure why its not working for you. But, it is now able to be turned off by leaving the keys empty in the config.ini.

I also added some other stuff too. Let me know how it works and if there is any other quirks.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This version is working well, thanks! I appreciate the effort to put in the configuration.

The only thing that occasionally occurs is when I finish watching or just select a show... I get a popup error... something about "Internet connection"... It happened without your launcher so I know it's not related. But what happens is when you press "Select" the focus is no longer on the popup window with the show details but on the backing window with the instant queue, etc. I have to use a mouse to bring the focus back up front. Do you experience this, too? Or am I just blessed with this feature? :)

Thanks again.

Geoff

NRK

Portal Member
    July 12, 2007
    The launcher shouldn't have an effect on the focus of the screen since the only GUI is the initial splash screen which is canceled when media center starts. I do know when I used to use it I would have that problem. I usually exited Netflix back to media center and then went back into Netflix to fix it. That was occurring without any type of launcher or helping program, just vanilla MCE and Netflix. If I could make something to fix that, I would but if its even possible to make that type of wrapper it is waaaay beyond my skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom