Music accompying Slideshows. (1 Viewer)

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Usually, when I enter into slideshow mode, I like to play certain songs in the background (if anyone is interested, the Soundtrack to "Friday Night Lights :lol: goes real well). But everytime I want to view a slideshow, I have to manually go to My Music, turn on the songs then navigate to My Pictures.

Here's what I propose: Associate a playlist file (m3u, pls, directory) to go along with each Root Entry in "My Pictures". And when "Slideshow" or "Reverse Slideshow" is clicked, an item will begin playing (randomly would be the best). And if a song is already playing in the background (from "My Music" lets say, you can let it keep playing instead).

Just an idea.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Does anybody know whether this has been implemented in 0.2.0 RC4 with latest SVN build? If so, how should I be able to use it? I've saved a 'pls' file in a directory with pictures, but no music is playing :( .

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I've heard that this will work with m3u files. I haven't tried it myself so I can't confirm, but try it out!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm sure that this ws implemented a long time ago, but never used it, so I can't remember the actual procedure. I think it will play any music file it finds in a folder o maybe it has to be a play list with the name "folder".

Anyone else have more information?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Marcusb said:
    I'm sure that this ws implemented a long time ago, but never used it, so I can't remember the actual procedure. I think it will play any music file it finds in a folder o maybe it has to be a play list with the name "folder".

I think once it has been confirmed (as to what the music file needs to be named) then a wiki entry needs to be made. Also maybe added to the FAQ.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Marcusb said:

I did not test it but FWIW looking in the GUISlideShow.cs
    code it appears to look for a file called "folder" in the
    slide show path with one of the extensions in the music
    extension list OR if NO extensions are in that list ".mp3,.pls,.wpl".

So if you have m3u in your list of music extensions a
    file named "folder.m3u" (w/o quotes) in the same path as
    the slideshow "should" work.

HTH,
    patrick

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks a lot for the feedback, it works as described by patrick. I placed a playlist named 'folder.m3u' in the folder with the pictures, and the music started playing when I started the slideshow. Very nice indeed! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom