[solved] Music artists/albums not showing in Fanart Handler (1 Viewer)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    You need FH updated version

Thanks Seb, but the strange thing is that the version available through MP extension installer is actually working ok for me (as tested through my dev VM).

Hopefully your version will help mauwstin .

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is strange because it ref to old windows plugin dll if i'm right or maybe it's something else :)
    Long time i didn't look the code of FH :)

mauwstin

Portal Member
    November 5, 2013
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks both, tried replacing the DLL and got the same error when starting FH config, although the log file has a lot more entries in it this time.

I've attached it as it's too big to paste in here.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    There is an error relating to writing to your drive. How much free space do you have on your drive? Anything else unusual to your setup?

Code:
    Error [DatabaseManager]: System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
       at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
       at FanartHandler.DatabaseManager.UpgradeDBMain(String type)

mauwstin

Portal Member
    November 5, 2013
    Home Country
    England England
    Have around 60gb free on my C drive so it shouldn't be a space issue - it's an SSD but that's about the only unusual thing I can think of!

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Mmmmm I'm running out of things for you to try.

Ok, go to the databases folder and delete FanartHandler.db3 (just the db3 file) and reboot your PC and try the config again.

My test here showed that fanart handler will recreate the db3 file.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think i already seen someone with this issue and at that time i have supply an empty database but didn't find my zip for it right now.
    On my side, it was needed to install 3.1.0.0 and copy dll after db was created etc.

So maybe delete all db related to FH, install 3.1.0.0 to recreate an empty db and after that copy the new dll :)

dholroyd

Portal Member
    November 30, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Not sure if I am in the right place - sorry if I'm not. I cant get fan art handler to do anything - nothing appears in the list of files, so I guessed it was actually the database that was the problem (I'm not technical). I ran 'Update database from selected shares' and it seems to read files up to 800 then goes through thumbs and and stopped at Busted 7/22 - not sure if it has frozen of is just finished - I click on OK and the window closes. No I go to Music in Mediaportal and it tells me I have 21 albums but I actually have 965 in the relevant folder.

Obviously its user error, but what an I doing wrong?

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @dholroyd

I don't think this is a fanart problem and it sounds like something related to MP's music section.

Please open a new tread with your issue and don't forget to include logs, thanks.

DunJEn

Portal Member
    July 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had the same/similar issue...damn thing wouldnt scrape no matter what i tried.
    Then i read the above comment...about MP's music section.
    So i went back into music and updated the database ...(i'd added a shit tonne of music and never bothered)....then voila!....scrape started working all ok.
    Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom