Music Database Issue (1 Viewer)

svcguy

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
MediaPortal Version: RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64

Hello all,

I have a problem related to the Music database. When I select My Music and use any view other than shares, all I get is the spinning wheel busy indicator. Switching to a share view all of my music is visible and playable. Music is stored on a WHS box at the path \\server1\music\[artist]\[album]\[tracks].mp3. At one time I had a functioning music database, but I've reinstalled MP several times now and I'm not sure when I lost it. I have tried 'update database from selected shares' a number of times with different options ticked. I deleted my .db file at c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\virtualstore\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\database\musicdatabasev10.db3 and updated again and same thing. .db3 file seems to be good (1,488kb), cannot read to know for sure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First of all try with the standard skin delivered with the product.

delete your musicdatabasev10.db3
    then post both the configuration.log AFTER you did a complete rescan.
    try it again and post mediaportal.log as well.

svcguy

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Sorry for the delay!

Tried with Blue3 and still have the same problem (spinning wheel)

Deleted database file at c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\database\musicdatabasev10.db3, rescanned (rescan looked good), and tried again, same problem.

I have attached the requested logs.

Thanks for your help,
    Andy

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Your log does indicate something different than you told us:

Code:
    Version: Application 1.0.0.0 RC2

this is not RC4. :)

and you get an exception, because you use a version of Database.dll, which is no compatible with Core.dll used.
    somehow, you've got a mix-up.

svcguy

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Ahh... I'm using a patched version of core.dll for another plugin, mediaslayer. This must be the cause of the problem. I'll try the standard core.dll and see if it works. That also explains why it worked at one time (couldn't remember when, but now I do).

Thanks
    Andy

Well, that was it. Manfred (mediaslayer's author) acutally posted updated dll's yesterday. I popped them in and, viola, the database works again.

Thanks,
    Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom