Music fanart wont display custome fanart, please help (1 Viewer)

apulido

Portal Member
June 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Someone please help, I've followed all steps in these forums and still having issues trying to display new artist wallpapers as backgrounds when the artists music is playing.

My fanart works perfect with movies and music but I have music that dosen't have it's artist backgrounds and it showes the default image. Can someone please help...I've been reading and trying all the steps on the forum but I don't know what I'm missing.

I've even registerd on the site fanart plugin grabs it's images from and uploaded the jpg to the site but still no luck.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Can you please add some information on artist names and what you called the image and where you put the image.

So;
    * what is the artist name as displayed in MP
    * what do you call the image and where do you put it
    * are you using JPG images
    * what is the link to the image you uploaded to htbackdrops

cheers
    cul8er

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there - I too am having issues with this and [as a relative newcomer] am a little confused.

Just like Apulido - I have registered with HTbackdrops and uploaded some backdrops for music artists that were not found on scrape.

But - even though I know the images are good, and correctly named [just like my .mp3s], when I do a new scrape the backdrops are not picked up.

I can't figure it out. What is more confusing is that [even though I follow the same process for ALL backdrops] some of them ARE working and coming down but others are not.

Is it possible to bypass HTbackdrops altogether and place the images on the hard drive manually?

If yes - where?

Thanks very much and apolgies for being a dumb newbie.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi there - I too am having issues with this and [as a relative newcomer] am a little confused.

Just like Apulido - I have registered with HTbackdrops and uploaded some backdrops for music artists that were not found on scrape.

But - even though I know the images are good, and correctly named [just like my .mp3s], when I do a new scrape the backdrops are not picked up.

I can't figure it out. What is more confusing is that [even though I follow the same process for ALL backdrops] some of them ARE working and coming down but others are not.

Is it possible to bypass HTbackdrops altogether and place the images on the hard drive manually?

If yes - where?

Thanks very much and apolgies for being a dumb newbie.

hi dint10 ! yes you can ,
    place your images (jpg only) in :
    win xp - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\music
    win 7 - C:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\skin fanart\music

raname them as your artist name in the tag ,and they will show up ....i do it all the time for some colection of cd's that dont have fanart..

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks very much for that.

I discovered that locatio last night and cxopied some back drops there manually as you suggest.

Most frustrations that still my backdrops are not getting picked up. I am at a loss?

I notice that all the other backdrops in there have a name AND a number. Is the number relevant?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Thanks very much for that.

I discovered that locatio last night and cxopied some back drops there manually as you suggest.

Most frustrations that still my backdrops are not getting picked up. I am at a loss?

I notice that all the other backdrops in there have a name AND a number. Is the number relevant?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

hi , the file must be in jpg formt ,

and the name must be same as your artist tag name .

and the number NOT relevant only the name ....

wich formt all your music ? mp3 ?

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    yeah - my images are all jpg. I have taken care to make sure images are named excatly as 'album artist' tag.

If you have more than one image / backdrop for an artist how do you name the second and third image?

95% of my music collection is .mp3 but I do have some Flac files also. This, though, appears to make no difference.

Thanks again - this is driving me bonkers.

Jayhunter

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Hi dint10.

Can you be a little more specific on what artist images are not being picked up?

What is the artists name?
    Does the artist name show up in the "plugin configuration -> Music Fanart -> Fanart overview"?

Some of the images you uploaded to htbackdrops did not meet the standards and got moved to the "Music Artist -> Other" category and can thereby not be picked up by the fanarthandler.

As far as I know you can just name local images ArtistName 1.jpg ArtistName 2.jpg .. to have multiple images for one artist.
    But i would rather have you upload them to htbackdrops and fix the download issue, so that more people can access them. :)

Cheers
    Jayhunter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom