Music folders and lists (1 Viewer)

brittonc

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
Bristol, UK
I have just started using MP and have been really impressed. I am currently mainly using it for music and if there were 2 things I would like to see improved it would be these:

1. When you have highlighted the music folder you want to listen to I'd like to be able to just click the play button on my remote and have it open the folder and start playing from the first track, instead of having to open the folder and manually select the first track to be played.

2. When in the music folder and the currently selected track is playing, the track info is highlighted. When the next track is played or tracks are skipped they are not. It would help keep track of where you were in the list if they were.

Hope this makes sense.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your first point has been implemented in the latest CVS, there are some great guys doing a lot of work on My Music at the moment. I'm not so sure of your second point, someone else may have more of an idea.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    brittonc said:
    I have just started using MP and have been really impressed. I am currently mainly using it for music and if there were 2 things I would like to see improved it would be these:

1. When you have highlighted the music folder you want to listen to I'd like to be able to just click the play button on my remote and have it open the folder and start playing from the first track, instead of having to open the folder and manually select the first track to be played.

2. When in the music folder and the currently selected track is playing, the track info is highlighted. When the next track is played or tracks are skipped they are not. It would help keep track of where you were in the list if they were.

Hope this makes sense.

As Brocklander indicated item 1 has already been implemented as of a day or so ago.

Track highlighting is also implemented but only while the Playlist window is active. There is no track highlighting when in the of the music views such as shares, artist, albums, etc. Primarily because the views aren't necessarily tried to what's currently playing. You might for example, have added an artist to the current playlist. And while the playlist is playing you might be browsing your collection for other albums or individual tracks to add.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom