Music Module (Lyrics) (1 Viewer)

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
A way to show lyrics. Some prefer this to mesmerizing visualizations. In WMP9 ther e's a possiblity to adjust song timing with lyrics (ok, it's just like karaoke), don't know if there is an open format or a good way to implement this... anyway, hope I'm not the only one who like this idea.

A

Anonymous

I like this Idea. A karaoke-machine sounds realy great. At partys could it be a cool game. But I have no idea how to do something like it. We will need MIDI-Files or something like it....

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I think lyrics and karaoke are two different features.

But for karaoke check this out.

directx directshow-filter for windows, open source, productive/stable, for Windows MediaPlayer.

Description here on home page (see also quotation)

http://karaoke-dx.sourceforge.net/

I don´t know much about karaoke, but maybe someone else does. Would be cool for partys.

tomtom21000

Welcome to DirectX Karaoke Homepage
    This project is dedicated to Karaoke on the base of Microsoft DirectX technology. We are developing a number of DirectShow filters that allow end-user playing back karaoke files in the standard Windows Media Player without need to look for and/or buy expensive players with complicated GUI.

Due to the advantages of the DirectX technology the filters can be used in a number of other applications. For example, one may use the filters to convert karaoke files into video clips and then write a CD/DVD disc.

We also encourage developers of karaoke applications to reuse the Karaoke-DX since it is modular, configurable and embeddable.

We have released a new version 3.0-beta. Check it out!

Features of Karaoke For DirectX:

MIDI Karaoke And LRC Karaoke (mp3+lyrics)
    Support for .kar and .lrc file formats in Windows Media Player
    Configurable appearance: colors, font, text formatting, frame layout
    Lyric charset auto-detection
    Support for Thai, Chinese, Japanese and similar languages
    Shell extensions - integration with MS Windows Explorer
    CD+G Karaoke
    Support for .bin and .cdg files in Windwos Media Player
    Support a number formats of sound tracks: mp3+g, wma+g, wav+g
    Support for zipped cdg+mp3 files
    Shell extensions - integration with MS Windows Explorer
    Other features
    Karaoke can be played back as full-screen video
    Support for play back over HTTP
    Hardware-accelerated video stream mixing
    Configurable backgrounds: solid or gradient fill, still image or video clips!
    Availability for non-standard applications, such as .kar to .avi or .wmv conversion, writing video discs

NoMoDo

Portal Member
    September 9, 2004
    Israel
    I will probably be doing a lyrics plugin pretty soon. It will only show lyrics that are automatically downloaded from the Internet, and will not support Karaoke.

The DirectX filter you mentioned seems like a very good bet for a Karaoke plugin, but I won't be getting into that.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    directx directshow-filter for windows, open source, productive/stable, for Windows MediaPlayer.

Description here on home page (see also quotation)

http://karaoke-dx.sourceforge.net/

I don´t know much about karaoke, but maybe someone else does. Would be cool for partys.

Wasn´t able to get this working until now.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom