Music tags - what plugins are there? (1 Viewer)

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok. Think IMDB's movie tags. Think main genres and sub genres.

Is there a plugin that can do what I want?

Tags (a few examples in this description of what I want to do)

Pop/Rock
Electronic
Synthpop
New Romantic
Wave
Electroclash
Future-Pop
EBM
Industrial
Drum & Bass
Fusion Jazz
Funk
Dance
Metal
Psychadelic/Goa
Trance

Then we have a few albums and CD-singles (as an example) TO THE RIGHT (->>>) I have noted what I like to tag these different albums/singles with.

BWO: Propaganda (album) - Tags:Pop/Rock, Dance, Electronic, Synthpop
Depeche Mode: Speak & Spell (1981) - Tags: Pop/rock, Electronic, Synthpop, Wave
Depeche Mode: Music For The Masses (1987) - Tags: Pop/Rock, Electronic, Synthpop
Colony 5: Knives (CDS) - Tags: Electronic, Synthpop, Future-Pop
Yazoo: Upstairs at Erics (1982) - Tags: Pop/rock, Electronic, Synthpop, Wave
Human League: Don't you want me (CDS) - Tags: Pop/rock, Electronic, Synthpop, Wave
New Order: Bizarre Love Traingle (CDS) - Tags: Pop/rock, Electronic, Synthpop, Electroclash
Front Line Assembly: Tactical Neural Implant (album) - Tags: Electronic, EBM, Industrial
Adam F (Album) - Electronic, Drum & Bass, Fusion Jazz
Einstürzende Neubauten: Tabula Rasa (album) - Tags: Electronic, Industrial
Michael Jackson: Dangerous (album) - Tags: Pop/Rock, Funk
Metallica: Black album - Tags:Pop/rock, Metal
Astral Projection: Amen - Tags:Trance, Psychadelic/Goa
Tiesto: mixing up (album) - Tags:Dance, Trance
Client: Same (album) - Tags:Electronic, Synthpop, Wave, Electroclash

Then, when playing music I'd like to pick music by selecting from 1 to x number of tags. The more tags I chose the more of my music will be listed.

If I pick funk only Michael Jackson will come along in the list. If I pick electronic all music tagged electronic will come along the list. If I pick industrial both eintstürzende and front line assembly will come in the list. But if I also pick EBM einstürzende will NOT be in that list because its not tagged EBM... If I pick dance only BWO would be listed... you get the idea... electronic would not pick Michael Jackson! ;)

Is there suck a plugin allready?

I wanna sort my music the best possible way. Depeche Mode's Speak & spell album surely is wave, but Playing the angel (last album) surely is not wave. It would be tagged probably only with Pop/Rock, Electronic and synthpop.

The second thing to this is to connect this with production year.

Say I wanna listen to wave from 1980-1985, then Client would not be included because it's not from those years. If I pick synthpop from 1990-1999 I would only get synthpop from the ninetees.

There is a movie plugin working like this I've seen (if you select a thriller movie you can get mediapotral to surround it with other movies tagged thriller, both crime thrillers, action thrillers, etc...)

Is there a possibility to adopt that plugin for music??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom