Music Videos on MP2 (1 Viewer)

darro

Portal Pro
July 20, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Hi Guys

First of all, huge congratulations on getting MP2.1 out. Looks fantastic

I've searched, but can't seem to locate an answer. Does anyone have any recommendations or if it is possible to best setup MP2 to support Music Videos. Currently with MP1, I use the MVCentral.

Thanks in Advance
Darro

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is currently no MVCentral plugin for MP2.1. The existing importer grabs only information for movies, movie collections, series, audio albums and audio tracks. Music videos are specifically not recognized nor such category can be selected nor an online provider for grabbing is on the list.
    Perhaps somebody is willing to integrate this.

Gilean

Portal Member
    January 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am also very interested in this and suspected this might be the case as I only yesterday tried MP2 for the first time. My Mediaportal 1 installation has been become a bit messed up so I am in process of re-installing windows and all over again, and thinking to install MP2 only. But what is the best way to watch music videos on my HTPC now, without messing up my MP2 installation as I don't think MP1 and MP2 will go too well together? I really love mvideos plugin for MP1 as there is none better, so is it possible to install MP1 without TV server (if I mean to use MP2 for TV watching anyways)?

Or what if I installed MP1 on my main computer (that is powered on anyways whenever my HTPC is in use), and install MP1 server on that and then MP1 client on my HTPC with MP2, or would that be any different than two single-seat setups (MP1 and MP2) on my HTPC anyway?

Or what are you music video collectors using anyway nowadays to watch your videos easily? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom