1.15.0 Musik database: Reorganized every day at 00:00h (1 Viewer)

briegel

Portal Pro
July 2, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i founfd out that Mediaportal automaticaly reorganizes the musik database every day at 00:00h.
In the configuration there ist nothing marked that might cause that.

When MePo does that, all favourites are reset as well as all all music-ratings. (All iFavorite entries are 0 and all iRating entries are 0 exept that ones that have a rating tag in the musicfile.
(see image reset of database)

If the checkmark for the folder is unchecked the whole database is reset and empty.
(see reset of database 2)

Steps to reproduce:
- Start MePo some minutes ahead of 24:00h
- Play some music
- Waite until the next day begins (00:00h)
- Database will be reorganized.

regards
Briegel

Attachments

• reset of database.jpg
    reset of database.jpg
    69.7 KB
  • reset of database 2.jpg
    reset of database 2.jpg
    70.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the database is indeed reorganized:
    [2016-07-12 00:00:03,879] [Log ] [PoolThread19] [INFO ] - MusicDBReorg.ShouldRunSchedule: schedule 0:0 is due: 0:0
    [2016-07-12 00:00:03,879] [Log ] [PoolThread19] [INFO ] - MusicDBReorg.Run: schedule is due:12.07.2016 00:00:03
    [2016-07-12 00:00:03,908] [Log ] [PoolThread19] [INFO ] - Musicdatabasereorg: Beginning music database reorganization...

However, it does so because it is told to do it. The setting is in the plugin MusicDB Reorganization.
    MusicDB.JPG

If there is no day ticked, there would be something wrong. Notwithstanding you may simply deactivate the plugin if you don't need any reorganization.

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thank you for the tip. The plugin was activated...

But nevertheless the question remains: Why are all favourites and ratings reset wit DB reorganisation?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Because you have defined it this way - at least according to your mediaportal.xml where the respective entries are set as "don't save"...

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, thanks for the answer, but:
    - I've found no entry in the "mediaportal.xml", that represents something like "don't save ratings". (May be i am too stupid to find the entries)
    When MePo makes a "refresh" or "update" of the database, the rating entries are reset.
    (i.e.: In shares view i select a track and enter a rating. Then it is stored. When i select "add new files" the rarting is reset, but only the rating. Arrtist-, Album- or favourite-entries are saved. Why?

- similar to the above mentioned, the "refresh"-function delets the rating and favourite-entry. In my opinion this makes no sense.

- under this condition an automatic update or refresh-function is not very useful. :-(

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Correct, the mediaportal.xml definitions were about the database reorganization where you had five out of seven days activated at midnight and the playlist, which is set to "Don't save".

I have to admit that I have no clue about favourites and ratings, as I've never used this before. @hwahrmann , can you comment about the databse reorganizaiton possibly deleting ratings and favourite definitons?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Music DB Reord simply starts the Database Update, like if you would manually run a database scan from config.
    And it uses all settings from there.

So if you have marked the settings, that it should only scan files, which have been changed / added since the last scan, then it will not touch existing files and favourites, etc. are preserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom