Completed My Aluminium case (1 Viewer)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @kiwijunglist: If I have time yes, but currently I have some people waiting for Auto3D bugfixes

@azzuro: No this is no touch screen. I'm started working on an App for Windows 8 (RT) to control mediaPortal. Controling from the couch is much more comforatble. Eject is connected directly to BD. LED not :( (There was too much danger in destroying the thin wires flexible printed circuit).
    As the the red power led is always illuminated (even in standby), the blue led is an indication for a running system. And also an indication for a running recording, as in awaymode the internal display remains off.

I'm not a designer, but everytime one of my DIY projects turns out to be really good, I write "Designed by ..." on it. Just like the quote of Paul Dilascia a famous software developer, who wrote a lot of articles for the MSDN journal long time ago:

"If this code works, it was written by Paul DiLascia. If not, I don't know who wrote it"

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's fine I will probably pretty much copy + paste into the wiki, you can always edit things later if you want to change it.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is pretty awesome. I decided to take some pics of my modded case (I want to get the engraving done like Marcus did). I know @vuego and some others have nice cases. Anyone else and I can put together a post for FB, Google, Twitter.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That case (and the contents) is incredibly well thought out. I especially like the know-how about the inclusion of the separate amp for Stereo audio. Top notch stuff!

Emph

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Added to the wiki:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?title=4_HTPC/Showroom/Marcus_Venturi's_Custom_Aluminum_HTPC_Case_with_Amp

Will feature this on facebook, do you have any more shots of your case against a more plain background?
    - A direct front on view
    =Case4.jpg

- Front on view with 30 degree angle from above
    images

- Front on views with 30 degree angle from above+side
    =Case7.jpg

images

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your help and effort on this (y).
    Give me a few days and I will make some additional shots against a plain background.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is really amazing.. I have no words for it!! What a nice system you have made here.. Be proud at yourself!

We have to add a news item about this on our site, add this project to Facebook, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom