My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

Hodge

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Not downloading info from anidb

Just discovered this plugin, and it looks promising but I can't seem to get it working. MP, StreamedMP and MyAnime2 are all up-to-date w/ latest versions.

I've checked that anidb user/pass are entered in the config, but when I click the "run import", the Hasher Queue accurately displays a file count of 417 but it just sits there. Anidb, TVdb, image queues all remain zero and no progress is displayed. "Clean database" seems to do nothing, as well, which makes sense because I don't have a database yet and can't seem to get one.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing any settings either within the skin or within the MP Config setup?

Hodge

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Just discovered this plugin, and it looks promising but I can't seem to get it working. MP, StreamedMP and MyAnime2 are all up-to-date w/ latest versions.

I've checked that anidb user/pass are entered in the config, but when I click the "run import", the Hasher Queue accurately displays a file count of 417 but it just sits there. Anidb, TVdb, image queues all remain zero and no progress is displayed. "Clean database" seems to do nothing, as well, which makes sense because I don't have a database yet and can't seem to get one.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing any settings either within the skin or within the MP Config setup?

Hodge

Can you check your MediaPortal.log?
Do you have any really large files?

Usually when the hasher queue stops it means it had a fatal error trying to hash one file and has stopped.

Hodge

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for your suggestions! After looking at the log, it seems that the plugin was choking on a 4.35gig 720p bluray rip of "Afro Samurai-Revenge". Since it's the first file it tried to hash, it looked like the plugin wasn't doing anything at all. Maybe a popup error message would be helpful to help solve these types of mysterious failures.

A follow-up question: The file isn't corrupted since Anidb'o'matic correctly hashes it, so why can't MyAnime2?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for your suggestions! After looking at the log, it seems that the plugin was choking on a 4.35gig 720p bluray rip of "Afro Samurai-Revenge". Since it's the first file it tried to hash, it looked like the plugin wasn't doing anything at all. Maybe a popup error message would be helpful to help solve these types of mysterious failures.

A follow-up question: The file isn't corrupted since Anidb'o'matic correctly hashes it, so why can't MyAnime2?

I believe it is a problem with the ed2k.dll that is part of the package.
If you delete this file from your MediaPortal folder, it should work (although hashing will be much slower).

Yeah the plugin still needs better error handling :)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Release 2.0.5

FIXED: Fixed problem with menus and unpredictable behaviour
FIXED: Make sure duplicate requests are not added to the AniDB queue
CHANGED: Make it easier to enter display options for files/episodes/series/groups
ADDED: Add "Run Import" function to main screen
ADDED: User customisation for display of series/groups ( Issue #40 )
ADDED: Basic options menu ( Issue #34 )
ADDED: New episodes are downloaded on the Run Import process
ADDED: New option to only download subbed episodes instead of all episodes
ADDED: Can now automatically search for a TvDB series and associate with a group/series during Run Import process
ADDED: Options to automatically download FanArt when user selects a TvDB series or the Run Import process finds a match

Download link is on the front page.

Bert_r has essentially finished his changes to the database manager in the config, so we should get that in for tommorrow hopefully.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Release 2.0.5

FIXED: Fixed problem with menus and unpredictable behaviour
    FIXED: Make sure duplicate requests are not added to the AniDB queue
    CHANGED: Make it easier to enter display options for files/episodes/series/groups
    ADDED: Add "Run Import" function to main screen
    ADDED: User customisation for display of series/groups ( Issue #40 )
    ADDED: Basic options menu ( Issue #34 )
    ADDED: New episodes are downloaded on the Run Import process
    ADDED: New option to only download subbed episodes instead of all episodes
    ADDED: Can now automatically search for a TvDB series and associate with a group/series during Run Import process
    ADDED: Options to automatically download FanArt when user selects a TvDB series or the Run Import process finds a match

Download link is on the front page.

Bert_r has essentially finished his changes to the database manager in the config, so we should get that in for tommorrow hopefully.

Can't wait to try it out! I had a really small issue with 2.0.4, don't know if it's still present in 2.0.5 but I'll mention it anyway. The date convention is derived from the systems regional settings rather than the mediaportal settings.
    My MediaPortal is in English, but the (first) aired dates in Anime 2 are in dutch.

Thanks! Looking good Leo! Especially love the resolvement of issue 42. Now everything is sorted in the correct order.
    Small question, is the character and actor info that's being downloaded viewable somehow? And I was wondering: what posters does the tvdb option download, is it the series' posters, the seasons posters or both?

p.s. You forgot to update you version number ;)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Leo, I'm sorry to say the season selection is broken again. First I thought it was because of a new test version of mp-tvseries, which places a newer version of ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll in the Plugins\Windows folder, but after removing it it still didn't work. Reverted back to 2.0.4 and it's working again ... strange right? Since you haven't changed any of that code since 2.0.3 ...

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I finally managed to fix the problem with the ed2k.dll: Files larger than 4 GiB would always fail to hash with the dll.
    We will include the updated dll in the next release. For those eager to have the updated version it now, I'll attach it to this post.

Also, while researching this problem, I may have found a method to increase the speed a bit more (using Asynchronous I/O) ... I'm still investigating though, so don't expect too much.

Attachments

• ed2k.zip
      30.6 KB

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    Can't wait to try it out! I had a really small issue with 2.0.4, don't know if it's still present in 2.0.5 but I'll mention it anyway. The date convention is derived from the systems regional settings rather than the mediaportal settings.
    My MediaPortal is in English, but the (first) aired dates in Anime 2 are in dutch.

Oh right, will need to take a look at this.
    Issue #43

Raytestrak said:
    Thanks! Looking good Leo! Especially love the resolvement of issue 42. Now everything is sorted in the correct order.
    Small question, is the character and actor info that's being downloaded viewable somehow? And I was wondering: what posters does the tvdb option download, is it the series' posters, the seasons posters or both?

p.s. You forgot to update you version number ;)

No you can't see any of the character info yet, although it is all being stored in the database.
    All the images are being stored in the "Thumbs" folder though if you are curious and want to take a look.
    The display will be done as part of Issue #6

At the moment all the series and seasons posters are downloaded.
    When you turn random posters on it shows posters from the series and your selected season.

2.0.6 will have the version number properly set :)

Raytestrak said:
    Hi Leo, I'm sorry to say the season selection is broken again. First I thought it was because of a new test version of mp-tvseries, which places a newer version of ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll in the Plugins\Windows folder, but after removing it it still didn't work. Reverted back to 2.0.4 and it's working again ... strange right? Since you haven't changed any of that code since 2.0.3 ...

I'm pretty sure I have figured this out now.
    One of my development machines is referencing the wrong DLL.
    So I built 2.0.4 on one machine and it worked for you. 2.0.5 was built on another machine which references a different version.
    I will make sure both machines reference the right DLL for 2.0.6.

Will also put out a quick fix later , so you can test it out.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh right, will need to take a look at this.
    Issue #43
    Thanks.

No you can't see any of the character info yet, although it is all being stored in the database.
    All the images are being stored in the "Thumbs" folder though if you are curious and want to take a look.

I will :)

I'm pretty sure I have figured this out now.
    One of my development machines is referencing the wrong DLL.
    So I built 2.0.4 on one machine and it worked for you. 2.0.5 was built on another machine which references a different version.
    I will make sure both machines reference the right DLL for 2.0.6.

Will also put out a quick fix later , so you can test it out.

Thanks again :)

Speaking of the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, like I said, the new mptvseries test version puts it in the plugins folder, I don't know if it will affect your plugin, but storing different dll's in different location can lead to needles in haystack type problems so I asked the devs there why they did that. Maybe it's interesting for you as well:

Other thing: the ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib has to go the windows folder, but there is also a ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib in the root of mediaportal. I don't know whether it's such a good idea to have multiple dll's with different version in different locations. It cannot be registered, so that's lucky I guess, but it can still lead to unexpected situations.

It works in both locations, right now its using the same version as MP1.0.2. The reason I chose the windows plugin folder is that in MediaPortal 1.1.0 the file is going to be removed from the MediaPortal installer so there shouldnt be any conflicts. Im going to wait until MediaPortal 1.1.0 is officially released and will probably move to to the same zip library...im also going to remove the Mediainfo.dll as that is now part of MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom