• Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So far thumbs up!

The two major issues are resolved
    - Episodes Lists are visible again
    - playback starts

Thanks a lot to all of the team who keep the plugin alive.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We've officially released My Anime 3 Version 3.7.3.

Thanks to @yhoogi for helping test it!

I do have one request, can anyone try the latest daily and let me know if there are any issues?
    https://shokoanime.com/files/daily/Shoko.Server/shokoserver.zip

I installed yesterday the daily

upload_2019-11-18_19-3-24.png

if there is no new daily since yesterday, so far it is working fine
    (with exceptions of some longstanding bugs :) )

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,

Couple things I wanted to let MA3 users know.

We've made some changes on our website in regards to folder structure and the MA3 files have been moved. Because of this move, you won't be notified when future versions are released.

I've updated the listing on the MediaPortal website so using the MPEM should allow you to install the correct version from the new path and receive updates.

You can manually fix this by uninstalling MA3, downloading it from the following link and re-installing it.

For MediaPortal 2 users or those wishing to use it, da3dsoul, one of our main devs has expressed interest in possibly creating a plugin for it. He's looking for feedback which you can submit via the following Github issue.

Within the next couple of days we'll be releasing a beta for the next major version of Shoko and while I didn't encounter any issues, I'll be relying on MA3 users to let us know if they encounter any problems with it.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Couple things I wanted to let MA3 users know.

We've made some changes on our website in regards to folder structure and the MA3 files have been moved. Because of this move, you won't be notified when future versions are released.

I've updated the listing on the MediaPortal website so using the MPEM should allow you to install the correct version from the new path and receive updates.

You can manually fix this by uninstalling MA3, downloading it from the following link and re-installing it.

For MediaPortal 2 users or those wishing to use it, da3dsoul, one of our main devs has expressed interest in possibly creating a plugin for it. He's looking for feedback which you can submit via the following Github issue.

Within the next couple of days we'll be releasing a beta for the next major version of Shoko and while I didn't encounter any issues, I'll be relying on MA3 users to let us know if they encounter any problems with it.

Hi there,

Are there any changes to MA3 - or is there only this update of the links?

I am very happy to read that there may be a future for a plugin on MP2

Thanks a lot

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In relation to the new Shoko 4.0.0.0 Server:

You need first to install dotNET Core 3.1 runtime as otherwise it will not try to install the dotNET Core Windows Desktop, required for operation of the server. Installing w/o this seems to work, but it does not (server does not get started at all; no logs; etc)

After installation, you have to go through the first install wizard.

By default, the User-Name is "Default" (w/o password)

Very positive:
    MA3 is still working with the new server, although I have the impression it is a little bit slow while interfacing with the db.
    (episode list takes a bit, desync of fan-art with highlighted while scrolling through groups/series list)

Thanks to all developers for their hard work

Cheers,

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello Everyone.

Occasionally, we get asked if MA3 is still being supported as the last update was a couple years ago. Just in case people forgot, here's the short blurb on it.

Back in 2018 we put My Anime 3 into maintenance mode due to lack of developer support and focus on other areas. This hasn’t changed, but it’s important to note that with the eventual removal of APIv1, My Anime 3 will stop working. Only Shoko Desktop and My Anime 3 use this old API, and with the consolidation of Shoko Desktop’s functionality into the Web UI, we’re not going to support an outdated API for a single project that has a dwindling userbase.

We are currently evaluating updating My Anime 3 to use the new API but have not made any decisions yet. For current My Anime 3 users who want to continue using it, we’ll be sure to let you know the last version of Shoko that supports My Anime 3.

As we're getting closer and closer to the eventual removal of APIv1, I wanted to reach out and see how many people are still using MA3? I've seen a few names pop up on Discord but seems a lot of the older users have moved onto one of the other platforms. As it currently stands, we have no plans to update MA3 as we don't see the userbase being big, or active enough to warrant the dev work. However, this can always change, especially if anyone volunteers to help.

jabr0001

April 9, 2023
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As we're getting closer and closer to the eventual removal of APIv1, I wanted to reach out and see how many people are still using MA3?
    I am still (?) quietly using MyAnime with mediaportal 1. I would be very sad if support will be removed in future versions of shoko server.

Btw: The last update to v4.2.2 crashed my old MySQL 5.5-based shoko server on Win10 pretty bad. Uninstallation and reinstall of the previous version didn's help.

Status: Database Error : DATABASE ERROR: 95.3 ALTER TABLE VideoLocal_User ADD LastUpdated datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP; | MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Invalid default value for 'LastUpdated' at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Shoko.Server.Databases.MySQL.Execute(MySqlConnection connection, String command) in D:\a\ShokoServer\ShokoServer\Shoko.Server\Databases\MySQL.cs:line 925 at Shoko.Server.Databases.MySQL.ExecuteCommand(MySqlConnection connection, String command) in D:\a\ShokoServer\ShokoServer\Shoko.Server\Databases\MySQL.cs:line 911 Notify developers about this error, it will be logged in your logs

Thanks for the years of work on this software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom