My Anime 3 (4 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Correct, working properly in latest release here :)

http://jmediamanager.org/downloads/

Complete changelog:

http://jmediamanager.org/changelog/

Mediaportal extensions page will be updated later but it should also be available via the normal update route (MediaPortal Extension Manager).

Noticed a small issue when selecting series list from continue watching / something random and that is that series title there (top left) didn't get updated afterwards, fix for that will be in the next release :)
    Been testing that MA3 release today and noticed nothing off with StreamedMP so far.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Rick,

just discovered that after upgrade to 3.6.1.0:
    I had two config entries for the plugin; one for 3.6.1.0 & one for 3.4.4.2 in my MP setup

Getting rid of these remenants required manual deletion of the dll. Discovered then that the dll was also available with the reg-key in front of the file name.

Getting curious, I installed the last test-build from your post and made some testing & the keys were logged now. (one less mystery in the universe)
    I installed afterwards the new release w/o problem
    Observations below

If any benefit I attached the logs for both versions in a new post

Cheers
    --- Post updated ---
    Now made some testing with the latest pre-build and with the new release:
    Both toggle with the "[" & "]" keys

Bug/feature enhancement:
    1)
    Search is performed only on group level. If you have several series grouped together, matching strings from series titles are not identified
    Not clear if the series in a group can be easily searched as well (in JMMDesktop it is possible though)

steps to reproduce
    * just look for a group with several series & select a string which does not appear in the group title.
    * search for this string via JMMDesktop from the "All" filter
    * Confirm that the group is shown where the series with matching string is located
    * Now try to search from group view for this string in the MP plugin

I also attached the logs mentioned above

2)
    The thumbnail folder requires now to be in a path of "..\Anime3\". I had the plugin & Server pic path combined (for having a single, common folder)
    The new version prohibits to combine the plugin picture path with the JMM Server path, which is located in "..\JMMServer\images\"
    Trying to manually change the plugin path to "..\JMMServer\images\" will let the plugin establish a new "Anime3" subfolder and pics are duplicated in there.
    Suggestion: path selected in the plugin config includes the full drop path

Cheers

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @yhoogi good to hear :)

Bug/feature enhancement:
    Search is performed only on group level. If you have several series grouped together, matching strings from series titles are not identified
    Not clear if the series in a group can be easily searched as well (in JMMDesktop it is possible though)

Will look into this as right now MA3 has no access to series in the group view itself as that gets read upon entering a group, either way would indeed be a nice to have and make it consistent with the behavior of JMMDesktop.
    It willl add some extra load for all series view for instance so this will probably be an expert setting depending on performance.

The thumbnail folder requires now to be in a path of "..\Anime3\". I had the plugin & Server pic path combined (for having a single, common folder)

That is indeed a bug as with custom path it should not a add a Anime3 subfolder, need to add some checks in there in there so it gets migrated so you don't end up with yet another duplicate folder from the old one.

Other bug we found is the inconsistency in series title (kanji vs english for example) which seems to come and go, harder to track down so if you spot that please let use now :)

Last edited:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw:
    The Extension Manager shows several new versions
    If I am not mistaken
    3.6.1.0: latest official version
    3.6.9.0 & 3.6.10.0: are beta versions, older than 3.6.1.0

Would be good to clear out these beta versions to avoid confusion

Cheers,

justfun

Portal Member
    November 18, 2010
    I have a strange problem after installing the latest version of My Anime 3 today. 16:9 video files are displayed in a forced 4:3 aspect ratio and put on top of the regular MediaPortal menu when opened through My Anime 3. Also the frame rate is not changed automatically. These problems do not occur when I open video files through the regular MediaPortal video menu. Changing to other skins from StreamedMP as well as downgrading to the older 3.6.0.4 version did not solve the problem.

I could upload a screenshot if needed.

Can anybody help? Thanks!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Noticed a small issue,

Using MP 1.15, Avalon Skin, 'Mark previous as watched' and 'Mark previous as unwatched' do the opposite things, freaked me out when it went back to episode 1 :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If it's from the context menu it should work the same for all skins, is it another button there or using the context menu?
    Tested here with StreamedMP but looks to work correctly but might be testing it wrong here :)

// Update

Duplicated here, oddly not for all series so will debug and add fix in next release.

There's another oddity which I'm not sure is by design, "Mark previous" should not include current item as well but it does that now so not sure if we need to change the logic.

Last edited:

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    If it's from the context menu it should work the same for all skins, is it another button there or using the context menu?
    Tested here with StreamedMP but looks to work correctly but might be testing it wrong here :)

// Update

Duplicated here, oddly not for all series so will debug and add fix in next release.

There's another oddity which I'm not sure is by design, "Mark previous" should not include current item as well but it does that now so not sure if we need to change the logic.

To be honest, it's always been like that, mark previous has always marked the selected item also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom