My apologize to Devs/Frodo (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Just like to report that i seemed to have got all my problems, well most of them sorted out, they all seem to be related to signal strength/signal quality . The one station i am picking up fairly strongly around 90% is the one station that is working completly normal, the others are the stations that are flaky.
I thought it was just the new engine being a bit unstable but it seems like its just my poor reception. The stuttering i was receiving when starting a recording is gone on this station , i can timeshift back and forward without it crashing now on that station. I can record and stop without a issue, and it hasn't crashed yet on that particular station, if i do happen to try and change to a station with a lower strength/quality i start to run into problems again.
Also the time it takes to load up the tv is now around 2 seconds compared to before of around 10 seconds. If i can manage to get it to change from one station to PRIME it changes in 1-2 seconds as well.
So to cut the story short, my problems and perhaps others are related directly to poor signals which perhaps cause issues with the latest versions
Hope that helps some trouble shooting for everyone

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Poor reception.

Not always the first thing on peoples minds when they have problems.

Someone did suggest a TV signal monitor within MP, might be worthwhile after all.

Regards

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yeah i would sort of expecting it to just have a poor quality picture or some pixelation or something, not that it would actually cause crashes and instability

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom