My Bookmarks plug-in (1 Viewer)

hazmatte

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
I have a large number of movies/TV shows that I have started to watch but ended up stopping mid-show (mostly cuz I'm getting old and fall asleep on the couch, I know it's hella-lame). It would be cool if there was a plug-in that listed all the various pieces of video that I've bookmarked and allowed me to resume.

Anybody else think this would be useful?

Keep up the great work!
-hazzy

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
Generally if you stop watching a video half way through, the next time you play it again, it will ask if you want to start from where you left off.

hazmatte

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
Khris said:
Generally if you stop watching a video half way through, the next time you play it again, it will ask if you want to start from where you left off.

Yeah, I know, but if you have say 10 or more movies/tv shows that you are in the middle of, it would be cool to be able to bring up a listing of all of them to remind you of which ones you're in the middle of. A progess bar displaying how far into each one you viewed would be a nice plus as well as the ability to clear the bookmark in cases where you stopped watching during the end-credits and have for all intents and purposes finished watching the movie/show.

-h

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That is actually a good idea. Does anyone know where the "bookmark" info is stored? Is it in a XML or in the database?

Mike

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It is in the database. I checked it out for videos at least, I presume TV recordings are in the TV database.

The last position/resume data is stored under (suprise) resume and the bookmark data under bookmark. Should be fairly trivial (i think) to write a plugin that uses database queries to grab a list of all shows with resume data and filter them according to the stoptime. Perhaps an adjustable filter that would only show the files that have a resume point set x% after the start and y% before the end of the show (as duration is also stored in there).

Edit: I checked the TV database and couldn't see a similar field. Is it actually possible to resume a TV show from where you left off? I don't have a tuner yet so I don't know.

hazmatte

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    mzemina said:
    That is actually a good idea.

Mike

Cool, I thought that others would find that functionality built with a plug-in useful. Too bad I know zilch about writing plug-ins or I'd be tempted to try writing it. But if someone else wants to carry the torch, I'd be happy to help test it.

-hazzy

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    I spoke about this Here
    Basically my theroy is that if media portal could handle cue files we could not only do this but we can also essentially get support for automatic comercial skipping from recorded television.

dhanjel

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It would be nice with a "History" button in the My Movies plugin to see a list of the 10 latest videos watched. That would solve this problem ;)

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    it also would be nice to have a customizable view in wich I can see videos with bookmarks...
    maybe just a field more?!?
    bye
    ammm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom