TV-card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250
    Remote: hauppauge 45-button remote
    TV: Panasonic 42" plasma 1080i

Software:
    MP1.01
    Windows XP SP3
    MCE standby tool
    SAF 3.47

Congratulations to everyone who has contributed to the design and documentation of this software! I recently stumbled across it after becoming extremely frustrated with an alternative and it was up and running in only a few hours. I had spent days trying to get the alternative to the same point. I have shown my gratitude by using the link to make a small donation and if it proves to work as well as I expect, another when I get it perfected.
    The user interface is exceptional and the software versatility is amazing!!

Set up is now stable and working well, upgraded memory to 2GB and upgraded to MP1.01. Power managment is still an issue with MP software only but the workaround of loading MCE standby tool makes it all work. Not sure why the features of MCE standby tool have not been integrated into MP.

Also, getting the US EPG working and keeping it working took some time but that too is now set.
    If anyone has pointers on getting the audio over HDMI sorted out for the Nvidia 8200/8300 chipset please post a link...

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the tips, I have tried SAF and as soon as I get a good backup (disk image) of where I am now, mostly working, I will upgrade to 1.01 ...
    the CyberLink PowerDVD MPEG2 decoder did make a big difference...

MrBOFH

Portal Member
    May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    On the audio over HDMI, I have the M3A78-Em (ATI vs Nvidia GPU) version of this motherboard. I'm assuming setting it up should be similar for both variations.

Enable audio over HDMI in the BIOS
    Make sure you completely uninstall/delete the audio drivers that Windows installed during Windows installation. Then reboot. There should be audio drivers on the Asus CD that came with the board that once installed should enable audio for HDMI. They are there for my ATI version and as far as I tell they work when I hooked it up to my Olevia 32" LCD. As there is no A/V receiver hooked up to that TV, I can't tell if the sound is 2 channel or 5.1/7.1 channel.

Audio over HDMi for most boards/cards that support it seems to only work if you get a clean install on the right set of drivers. At least I've had that experience with XP. It may be different for Vista/Win7. Also, not all card/sboards support 5.1/7.1 channel sound. Some only provide 2 channel sound.

I hope this helps

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    update: I have changed the processor, to be able to enable HW accel per this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...oard-8200-8300-poor-playback-fix-found-50946/

I also had to mod the case to better cool the new processor, dbl the heat. The fan inlet and outlet vents do not line up for the AMD processor position.

I also upgraded to MP 1.02

Still have not solved the HDMI audio or the Nvidia edid TV issue. Will keep working on both.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...power-up-sequence-issue-hdmi-detection-60706/

jacarr

February 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Case:hec Black SECC 7K09
    MB: Asus M3N78-EM
    CPU: AMD 4850e
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2 -800
    HardDrive: 250Gb WD 2500KS
    Optical: Samsung SH-S223Q
    GPU: onboard GPU 8300
    TV-card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1250
    Remote: hauppauge 45-button remote
    TV: Panasonic 42" plasma 1080i

Software:
    MP1.01
    Windows XP SP3
    MCE standby tool
    SAF 3.47

Congratulations to everyone who has contributed to the design and documentation of this software! I recently stumbled across it after becoming extremely frustrated with an alternative and it was up and running in only a few hours. I had spent days trying to get the alternative to the same point. I have shown my gratitude by using the link to make a small donation and if it proves to work as well as I expect, another when I get it perfected.
    The user interface is exceptional and the software versatility is amazing!!

Set up is now stable and working well, upgraded memory to 2GB and upgraded to MP1.01. Power managment is still an issue with MP software only but the workaround of loading MCE standby tool makes it all work. Not sure why the features of MCE standby tool have not been integrated into MP.

Also, getting the US EPG working and keeping it working took some time but that too is now set.
    If anyone has pointers on getting the audio over HDMI sorted out for the Nvidia 8200/8300 chipset please post a link...

Nice to see a stripped down version.

I have a question or 2....

Was anyone able to consistanly get both analog and digital working the HVR 1250 card?
    How will this work on Windows Xp Pro x64?

If so what and how did you do it?

Thanks!

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I only have over the air digital, ATSC so I disabled the analog tuner on MP

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    update . With MP 1.0.2 and the Nvidia 182.06 driver the power up and S4 all work well. Uninstalled MCE standby tool. Only issue is the sound over HDMI. running SAF v.4.00 beta19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom