My calendar (1 Viewer)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have a suggestion for at new feature (maybe as a plugin). I think that it could be very nice if MP also included a calendar, so you can see you appointments on the TV. It could be great if the calendar in MP could synchronize with e.g. the calendar in outlook.

Could that be possible in the near feature?

Martin

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Probably better and easier to write a plugin that ties directly into the outlook COM objects and operate within outlook itself. I could see that being useful, particularly having reminders pop up on the TV like the caller id stuff does now.

IceBaer

June 16, 2005
Hi Nielsen

I had the same intention - some MP plugin for showing a calender with integrated events.
But I wouldn't go for a fat-client like Outlook is. This one is IMO mainly used for eMail and contacts, not for its calendar.
But there are tools, using less resources and specially designed for that purpose. Like the one in my other thread ;)
http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=projects&project=rainlendar

It should be a good base for developing a myCalendar plugin. Amongst others it is already been used as a plugin by LiteStep (an explorer/taskbar replace)

Nielsen

Portal Pro
December 6, 2004
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi IceBear

You are probably right regarding the outlook calendar, but I only want to update one calendar, and a therefore want to use a program that can synchronize with my mobile phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom