My Custom Sorting... (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just thought I would share the results of one of the many fixes that have gone into 1.2

Previously I wanted to see artists such as Phil Collins sorted under C and Roger Waters sorted under W. Because the sorting was a bid odd in 1.1 the only way to do this would have been to set the artist/album artist tag to Collins, Phil which is then what would have shown up in config.

Now the sorting should be consistent I have taken advantage of being able to show one column and sort on another.

In my music collection I have commandeered the composer tag to store my sort value. So for a Phil Collins album I have set the album artist to Phil Collins and the composer to Collins, Phil. In the view definition I have then changed the sort by to use composer instead of artist.

You obviously loose the use of the composer tag this way but if you want your music sorted this way it is now possible

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mike,

in ID3 2.4 there would be a tag named ArtistSortName, AlbumArtistSortName.
    I can handle that with MPTagThat and i asume other Tag Editors can do that as well.
    We just need to add that field(s) to the Music Database. Didn't do that so far, since we couldn#t make use of it anyhow.

For non-mp3 files we would need to look for another Tag, which we might use.

Maybe somethiong we should look into for 1.3.

regards,

Helmut

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would also need a change to taglib?

Do we already cope with the different multi-field separators? (Is it 2.4 that uses null and 2.3 still using a different value?)

Also we already cope with id3 in FLAC so it would work with FLAC and mp3?

But yes something for 1.3 :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No, no change to taglib at all.
    i would just need to change the Tagreader to get those fields from taglib

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom