My Emulators 2 menu will not open.... (1 Viewer)

Snowmann

April 9, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello everyone,

I have had a bit of a read through and still cannot seem to find anyone else posting up about this issue I'm having.
Essentially I installed My Emulators 2 on my HTPC running MediaPortal 1.2.3 with the StreemedMP skin. I made the menu items within the skins settings so I now how the menu item "Play my Games" showing up within MediaPortal. The problem is I go and click on the games menu and the screen flicks back to my default start up position on the movies menu, I get the click sound but I cannot open the games menu...

I believe I have installed everything right.
Just trying to get it to work with ZSNES as I have had (and still have) a real craving to play Donkey Kong! :)

I have placed the ZSNES folder in a 'Games' folder I created in the 'Team MediaPortal' root folder.
I have the Emulator path entered in to where the zsnesw.exe file is
(...\Team MediaPortal\Games\ZSNES\zsnesw.exe)
and the working directory set to the folder that contains the zsnes.exe file (...\Team MediaPortal\Games\ZSNES)
My ROM Directory is set as well (...\Team MediaPortal\Games\SNES ROMS)
Is this correct and/or is there anything else I need to set?

It's doing my head in as I believe I'm entering in all the details as needed...

My end goal is to be able to play the Emulators using a PS3 controller or similar for all the old school classics that I grew up on :)

Cheers and thanks to all who make these awesome plugins, much appreciated.

Last edited:

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think the problem is a setting in the skin. Do you use Basic Home or Classic?
    And what changes did you make?

Also consider updating Mediaportal to the latest version 1.3.0.0 and also StreamedMP to latest version.

Regarding ZSNES in myEmulators2 you have to go to configuration page for the system, click on settings and choose "Use quotes in paths"

Also always remember to fill in filters for your system under configuration (in this case *.zip if you haven't unpacked the games)

/Jimmy

Snowmann

April 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Jimmy,
    I'm currently using the 'Horizontal + Context Labels' menu for StreamedMP. In terms of the changes I made I went into the 'Basic Home Design' tab within the StreamedMP Menu Editor and made the change of adding the Games menu into the skin. See the image below.
    capture1-jpg.127556

I am currently in the process of updating MediaPortal and the StreamedMP skin so hopefully that solves the problem but will let you know.

In regards to the MyEmulators2 plug-in, below are the settings that I am using for ZSNES. Also to note that the ROMS I installed are all there under the 'Games' tab.
    capture2-jpg.127559

Cheers,
    Snowmann

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
      Capture1.JPG
      70.1 KB
    • Capture2.JPG
      Capture2.JPG
      52.6 KB

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think you are pointing to the wrong plugin. I seem to remember that there is an emulators and emulators2 plugin.

The best thing to do is click the Display XML Filenames in the StreamedMP skin and check that what you have selected really is the correct emulators2 xml.

If not keep scrolling down the list until you see it.

Snowmann

April 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    erichzann....Smack bang on the mark!

thank you very much, i can now get into the Games menu and am just opening a game up for the first time.
    it now seems it may be stuck on a loading screen. I selected the game and then clicked 'play' and that's where im at now.

More playing around and hopefully i can get into an actual game!
    Is there anything specific that i need to configure for the ZSNES emulator separately outside of MediaPortal?

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    What OS are you using? If using Win 8 you may need to run it in compatibility mode.

Try removing the information from the working directory. This shouldn't be needed for this emulator I don't think (although I may have remembered wrong)

Otherwise here is a great page that lists all the arguments that are needed for different emulators:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/emulator-configurations.44459/

Just to confirm, can you get snes to work outside of mediaportal?

Edit: Can you post a screenshot of the settings tab for snes from within emulators2

Last edited:

Snowmann

April 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK sorry for the delayed response but I have it working! well sort of...

erichzann
    I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and yes I can get ZSNES to run outside of MediaPortal, I found out what the problem was though. Reason it was like that is in the MediaPortal settings I had it to always be on top so ZSNES was actually opening but was running underneath MediaPortal.

I now have the menu and everything and it opens up all the games and is fine on that side of things. I even have my PS3 controller working wirelesly through BT and can control the games. Finally played a little bit of Donkey Kong and NBA Jam! :D

I have been playing around getting some other emulators working but that's not my main issue.

Whats going on now is when I want to close the game it closes and goes back to MediaPortal (as it should), however the emulator is actually still running in the background I can hear the background music from the ROM....
    Within the settings for the My Emulations2 plugin I mapped a key to end the emulation. (I set this as the number 3 on my remote)

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Cheers

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    If I remember rightly, ZSnes doesn't close properly with Alt + F4 which is what the plugin sends when you press the mapped key.
    I think it does have it's own internal setting for mapping a key to close though so you can use that.

NOTE you currently need to set it to a different key to the one mapped within the plugin if you use the setting for other emulators (or just disable it if not).
    In the next version you can disable ending on mapped key for an individual emulator so you can turn it off for just ZSnes and map the same key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom