Completed My first HTPC build (Thermaltake Tenor) (1 Viewer)

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After reading about MediaPortal and some other HTPC applications a few months ago, I decided that the components from my old computer would make for a great base to a HTPC. After having the unit for about a month two months now, I was asked to give a little information about the process. So, I put together a little webpage with information and pictures about my plans/build/upgrade.

Give it a look. Hopefully it will help inspire someone who might be on the fence about building a HTPC - im extremely happy with mine right now, especially how one box can easily replace several seperate, expensive pieces of AV equipment.

Here: http://gxhtpc.atspace.com

Note: I'm keeping an online changelog on the page to keep records of all the updates and changes i've done and will do to the box. The hardware may be finalized and assembled, but the software is a constantly changing adventure. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-4969] - Fix typo in...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D https://plus.google.com/115864537260396175022/posts/fQMmcP7d6vv
    Sorry for the late photos, it took ao long because I forgot to post the photos :D...
    My Parents' MP Build A MediaPortal story. What's the problem? My parents want a 'one fits all' approach: they want to watch movies...
    Replies
    Views
    Its now 3.5 years later and this system is still going strong. No hardware or software changes except for updating MP whenever a new stable is released. On the latest 1.15 now (it didn't like the 1.14 one), and still on windows 8.1. I didn't bother updating to win 10 as its been working so well I didn't want to rock the boat with a...
    Its now 3.5 years later and this system is still going strong. No hardware or software changes except for updating MP whenever a...
    I will update this with photos and specs as I go along Hi, a quick intro- Ive been using a pc to run for main lounge TV for about...
    Replies
    Views
    Another update. So the a10 continued to randomly lock up and freeze. I had to remove the battery and reset the CMOS 3 times. Eventually I just got a screen with BIOS Ami details and couldn't even get into the BIOS. In desperation I tried removing the ram one card at a time and refitting it. So I seem to have a faulty ram card as the...
    Another update. So the a10 continued to randomly lock up and freeze. I had to remove the battery and reset the CMOS 3 times...
    Hi guys I am new to this forum and I have some questions to ask about media portal. I got into HTPC’s about 2 years ago when I...
    Replies
    Views
    WTF !!!!! Respect !!
    WTF !!!!! Respect !!
    Note: Since I've been building this server over the last year there is probably new hardware out that that is better then the one...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom