My HD Channels are without Audio (1 Viewer)

grumpydude

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Home Country
Hi all,

I just attached my trusty old long forgotten Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 tuner into my MP1 0.2.3.0 system. Everything worked fine, with sound on all channels (HD & SD). Now, due to EPG issues, I upgraded to MP1 RC2. I've now got a near perfect EPG, but seemingly Media Portal is not receiving the sound from TV Server.

When I fire up TV Server configuration, and do a preview of the HD channels, it all seems fine. I have video and audio. When I tune into the same station on Media Portal though, there is only video and no audio. It does seem to negotiate the audio type with my amplifier, it just doesn't seem to pump out the sound. The SD channels are all happy though.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any clues?

Oh, I'm using the Cyberlink Codecs, but it doesn't seem to matter which codec I use (eg. MPA codec, Nero2, blah blah blah). I do not have ffdshow (etc) installed, as I've not needed it in the past.

Cheers,
andrew

Well, it was simple really. It seems that there is a bit of touchiness somewhere. If I tune directly to a HD channel, I get sound. If I go to a SD channel (PCM audio), and then a HD channel, I don't get sound when on the HD channel. I'm happy to use this workaround for the time being.

I'm convinced this is a wee bug rather than a problem with my setup. I'll see what the logs so, and report it as an issue if I find something.

Cheers,
andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom