My iTunes Plugin (1 Viewer)

Schicksal

Portal Pro
February 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: My iTunes Plugin

I would love a plugin for itunes in mepo because i only own apple components beside my windows home server running only mepo. Please go on :)

KeKs0r

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i would love some kind of integration between iTunes and MePo. I am kind of forced to organize my Music in iTunes, due to my iPhone. And i dont want to have two music libraries.
Furthermore one big advantage of iTunes is that i can control it with the remote App and the very simple multiroom solution airtunes.
So my dream would be that i have one iTunes library and MePo is only a visualisation. And in the background iTunes is always running. That i can control it with my remote app and control it via MePo. And if i want to also change the output device as it is possible in iTunes for different airtunes devices.

Thanks,
Marc

T-Dizzle

Portal Member
April 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just curious how the plugin is going? I would love this since Media Portal doesn't make it easy to use songs organized by iTunes. I would love it if we could just read the music list without having to navigate through every artist and album folder. It would be awesome if we could also use our iTunes playlists. That would make this plugin amazing. Thanks for your efforts. They are definitely :D.

bbasra

Portal Member
December 18, 2010
West London
Home Country
England England
Is there anyupdate on this plugin as i would love to be able to access my itunes playlists from mepo as all my music is organised in itunes.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I would be interested in such a Plugin too. More specifically I would be interested in a Plugin, that can access an remote iTunes library (that is shared on the network via iTunes itself).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If this plugin sees the light of day, I suggest an "Eject device" function. I use iTunes in my HTPC to sync my iPod, and sometimes I need it but MediaPortal is running, so in order to remove it from the computer I have to stop MediaPortal, than run iTunes (slow start) then wait for it to eject the iPod, then start MediaPortal again. This mostly happens when someone else than me is watching stuff in MediaPortal, so it's quite frustrating.

If there's already an application that can eject an iPod by using a shortcut though, I would like to know about it. :D
    Emph

phreatom

Portal Member
    October 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am very sorry to inform you, that unfortunately the plugin will not see the light of the day. As I no longer use Mediaportal due to a migration to OS X / Linux, the priority for the plugin dropped significantly. (I cannot stand Windows any more, sorry!)

But please keep up the good work! Mediaportal is one cool piece of HTPC software, but for the wrong OS...

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Even if you finished working with MePO

maybe you would offer the sourcecode that somebody else can go on with the developement as I think it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel again and again???

Regards Robertino

phreatom

Portal Member
    October 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not get past some experiments with the itunes COM SDK and the mediaportal GUI, due to the limited time I had back then. So I am sorry that I cannot provide you any useful code snippets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom