Completed My lowpower "noiseless" HD HTPC (1 Viewer)

conky

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
I removed case fans because they were very loudly and small only 60mm and high rpm. Upper side of HTPC case is good perforated and only one silent 92mm fan (PAPST) is enough for cpu/motherboard cooling and solution is near "noiseless". Fan in my TV set and home theatre is louder than my HTPC.

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Hi, this is kind of off topic but would you mind giving more details on your VFD and remote setup? I too have the Harmony One and a iMon VFD in my HTPC case and am having all kinds of issues getting the remote to control MP reliably. Even when it seems to be working, I have not yet been able to get the 'Back' button to work. Any hints would be appreciated.

conky

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Hi It´s O.K. I explain little my configuration

Logitech Harmony One
My device (HTPC) is setting as Microsoft MCE remote control
I use default settings from web via logitech harmony remote software 7.5 + assing additional buttons for missing/needed buttons on touchscreen
Back is set as Back on touchscreen

VFD (Imon) setup
I use Imon in MCE remote mode and for Media portal I assing keyboard shortcuts in program commands to MCE remote buttons + for touchscreen I assing keyboard shortcut Esc for Back button etc.
You can set whatever you want from keyboard shortcut to Harmony One buttons but this buttons must be prepared via logitech software first as additional buttons and then paired with keyboard shortcut in Imon manager tools.

Maybe it´s helpful for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom