My Lyrics 1.9.8 for MP 1.7 Final / 1.7.1 HotFix / 1.8 Pre-Release (27-05-14) (1 Viewer)

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Why are you updating plugin for every MP version? Is it tied to music playing code which was changed recently?
    Honestly I personally prefer to compile one version of my plugins for MP versions 1.2.0-...
    I.e. our LogoManager is compatible with every known MP and we never bothered updating it because of new MP release.
    Just my opinion. No offence. Thanks.

There was nothing wrong in previous version, only an installation warning about the compatibility (I think).
    I prefer limiting the compatibility to existing versions. Future versions requires me to rebuilt, but this way I can identify compatibility issues myself. I always compile against the latest MP DLLs. For example, in one of the previous version, the plugins DLLs were completely changed (broken into several DLLs).
    Anyway, most of the stuff are done using scripts, so it's not that much work...

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The plugin shows up as incompatible in Mediaportal 1.8.0 final extension installer(shows up fine in configuration screen). Will you release a new version?

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    The plugin shows up as incompatible in Mediaportal 1.8.0 final extension installer(shows up fine in configuration screen). Will you release a new version?
    I did not have a change to publish a compatible version yet. Just saw it was released...

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Published 2.0.0 for MP 1.8 Final.
    Opened a new thread here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom