My Lyrics 2.2.0 for MP 1.10 Final, and above (31-12-2014) (2 Viewers)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi @joEhSuper, @SpudR, @ajs

in the meantime, is there a solution to get lyrics to work again? My music has not Tags because a lot of Music is "wav" or has not tags.

I ask this question so directly because I do not understand the problem, Iis a problem from Lyriks or from the Mediaportal installer mpe1

Entdecker

As already mentioned before, there is no way to Tag "wav" files. This format simply doesn't support tags and as such you can't store any Lyrics tag.
    you need to convert it into a lossles format, like e.g. FLAC, and then you can add lyrics to it.

Just a side note:
    I am starting analysing the Lyrics stuff in the coming week(s), as i currently rewrite MPTagThat. Finished Cover Art handling yesterday and will now focus on Lyrics.
    I plan to have a first pre-release by end of January.

Entdecker

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear hwahrmann,
    thank you that you support the Lyrics and our TagThat Programm!

To Lyrics and my "wav" music collection:
    I know that wav files can not contain tags. In past I use the Lyrics function so that all Lyricswas
    download from Internet.The same function that make it possible to use Lyrics togther whis radiotime.

Entdecker

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi @joEhSuper, @SpudR, @ajs

in the meantime, is there a solution to get lyrics to work again? My music has not Tags because a lot of Music is "wav" or has not tags.

I ask this question so directly because I do not understand the problem, it is a problem from Lyrics or from the Mediaportal installer mpe1

Entdecker

The situation is still the same: Lyrics that are in the database (or stored in mp3) work.
    Online search does not work - and this is a problem from MyLyrics.

And it seems, that there is noone able to fix this.:cry:

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Long time since I posted here. Feeling nostalgic...

To be honest, I don't have the time to maintain this plugin anymore.
    I maintained it while I was using MP, but I moved to a different Media Center solution.
    I also loved the ability to download lyrics, and then embedding them into the files` Id3Tag (so that no download is required after that)
    The project has not been updated in the last 5 years, and since it's mostly websites scrappers (rather than using sites API) it's really hard to keep maintaining each scrapper every time a site changes.

I wanted to create a new standalone tool that does the lyrics download part and embedding them into the Id3tag, but haven't found the time for that so far. This would be a tool that I can also use...

I can offer you an alternative solution for now, assuming showing embedded lyrics works:
    Using mp3tag + the following plugin:
    MP3 Tag Import Lyrics Plugin
    Note that mp3tag currently does not support batching in plugins, so you need to apply plugin on each file separately, which makes it bad solution if you have a lot of files you want to add lyrics to...

Regards,
    Yoav

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom