My mail and MSN Messenger (1 Viewer)

WelshTom

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Wales
Hi there

Have just finished setting up my HTPC running MP and was hoping to use the MSN Messenger and My Mail plugins. I have turned them both on in the configure menu, but cannot get either to work. With messenger, I put my username and password in, but every time i try to connect in MP it says cannot connect to MSN, but I am on the internet. What am I doing wrong?

With My Mail, I want to be able to check my Hotmail account. I still have access to it via POP3 since I was doing that when they stopped it and said that since I was already doing that I could continue. But I cannot configure it to work. I have tried putting the hotmail server address

http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

into the Server address but keep getting a message saying it cannot be resolved and previous entry will be restored. Any Ideas how I set My Mail up to work with Hotmail?

Thanks

WelshTom :D

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
Hi, i bump this thread because i agree that it could be very interesting to have hotmail support with the mail plugin... :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fidoboy said:
    Hi, i bump this thread because i agree that it could be very interesting to have hotmail support with the mail plugin... :)

I know codemonkey had been doing some work in a related area (see this thread) but I think he had gotten stuck. Hopefully we could find another developer (there aren't as many as you think there are, but they are all doing a great job) who might want to work on the mail plugin.

Notice in this thread that problems have been found but if people don't document them in the correct manner (see my posts in that thread) they won't get fixed! It could be if there is no developer actively working on this plugin that is could get pulled from any further ReleaseCandidates (RC).

Note: I found that there is a problem (not sure if it is the same as what you have found) and it is in the Mantis bug tracker. Can be found here. I first went to the TestTeam forum to see if they had anything and I found this. It says it is fixed on April 24th.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    I've just readed the codemonkey's thread, but the purppose of his plugin is out of my idea, i really like the actual dotMSN plugin to chat from my TV room, the only think that i think that could be better in this plugin is to add a onscreen keyboard and a feature to use a list of predefined answers (yes, no, hello, i'm busy right now, etc)

For me the Messenger plugin is working fine, i was talking about Hotmail with My Mail plugin, to allow downloading and viewing a Hotmail inbox (actually it only works with POP3 accounts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom