My Music: OSD Switch between Playlist and Files (1 Viewer)

twerq

February 17, 2005
The OSD for My Music is severely lacking the ability to navigate from Playlist view back to Files List view.

I know that the F1 key is the secret for switching between these, but the reality is that many of us with remote control only are able to nav. into the Playlists page and there is no way back out to the files list.

Please help me, i'm stuck in playlist mode and it's cold and dark and I can't find my way home and my socks are wet and i'm hungry for a sandwich.

A

Anonymous

Hey crap, your right... i dont recall this being the case in earlier versions, but i just checked my 0.1.0.9 and i have the same.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
The F1 key is no secret key, it's even documented. What kind of remote control do you use?

twerq

February 17, 2005
mPod said:
The F1 key is no secret key, it's even documented. What kind of remote control do you use?

I didn't say that F1 was a "secret key", I know it's not a secret because I read about it in the documentation myself. I said that it was "the secret" for switching back from the playlist view. It is a secret because if you are sitting on your couch with a remote or wireless mouse in your hand, there is nothing to indicate how to navigate back to files view. In this respect it is very much a secret.

I use a Snapstream Firefly remote, and I can easily bind a spare key to do what I need, but that is beside the point:

If you are able to point-and-click navigate to a screen, you should be able to point-and-click navigate back to where you came from. We're talking about usability here!

Thanks,
twerq

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would think that "back" should take you back to the music shares using the MCE remote. Same as "Escape".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom