• Organised some other way

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • However they came

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

sdub78

July 30, 2009
Home Country
Wow that was quick. If i get a moment I'll VNC into my home network and try it out.

OK so I've dumped the new .xml file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP and I found the MusicVids plugin in the Streamed MP Basic home Generator, added it as a new item 'Music Vids' and generated a new basichome.xml.

I already dropped the .dll files into plugins/windows folder yesterday when I originally downloaded the plugin.

Now I'm stuck, when i scroll to 'Music Vids' in mediaportal it's goes to a 'My Extensions' screen which has no content or menu options.
When I go in through 'my plugins' and select it there, it takes me to the same extensions screen,

What have I missed??

Also just in the config GUI, I have played with the DB import/scan functions a bit today with some small batches of vids and so far I have not been able to break it.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It appears i have managed to use the same plugin ID as another plugin.

Strange how it worked for me though...

I will fix this, but in the meantime, if you go to the skin folder and go into the streamedmp folder, you can either edit the myextensions.xml file and change the <id>800</id> to another number than 800 that will fix it.

Or if you dont (and dont plan to) use myextenions you can delete the myextensions.xml file.

Reccommend just changing the number.

edit: Youll also need to disable extensions in mediaportal configuration > plugins

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Works nice so far (tested with B3W/MP 1.02).
    The old plugin offers the possibilty to change the language for the results. Do have any plans to integrate this too?

sdub78

July 30, 2009
    Home Country
    I finally got everything working. I was having trouble disabling 'my extensions' but ended up doing that manually through the xml file.

I'll have more of a play with this over the weekend.

thanks for the advice too. :D

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    don't want to be a pain in the neck but....
    it doesn't scan my .ts files, am i doing something wrong ?.

my next and previous buttons are not working.
    and, when i am in a folder lets say 2pac, i play the song dear mama, then when i press the back button on my remote i am on the top of my video's list and not in the folder 2pac.

Anybody a hint ?

by the way, love this plugin, was using the old mvids plugin before.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys, as mentioned in the first post, this is an early test version.

The GUI (Inside MP) isnt complete, so pressing back does currently go back to top of list, im working on finishing this over the weekend.

Ive also found the next and prev on my remote dont work. Trying to work out why, pressing f7/f8 (keyboard shortcuts for next and previous do work.

By Changing language of results you mean what? Are you talking about changing language of the biography? and various labels in the skin?

In terms of extensions, i forgot to allow it to parse ts files, will fix this shortly.

Thanks for the bug reports guys

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    awsome someone finally picked up this plugin again!

at the moment im using winamp for my music videos its ok but i would much rather to have everything in media portal

I havent tried this plugin yet but ill def give it ago tonite ;)

I couldnt find a thread for feature requests so i figured i would post it here...

- Abilty to setup playlists that include mp3 files and when they play they show a visulisation
    - abilty for random play lists and que up songs
    - things such as top 100 and most played song lists
    - Web interface, so if i have the videos playing on my main server and users want to que up songs they can connect to webpage and do it that way so the videos dont stop playing

I know some of these things might be a bit hard to do but any and all effort is appreciated :D

I have some coding experience but im not sure how much help i would be or even if i can find the time but if there is something you need help with let me know and ill do my best to help:)

cheers

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    - Abilty to setup playlists that include mp3 files and when they play they show a visulisation
    Ok....ill add it to a list, but its probably a way down as its a bit beyond the scope of the plugin.

- abilty for random play lists and que up songs
    In terms of a random playlist, you can click Play All (random) and it enqueues all music vids into a playlist and shuffles them. I assume this covers that. There is also full playlist integration. Clicking context menu on any artist will allow you to either add all songs from that artist to the playlist, or all songs from all artists to the playlist (un shuffled). Clicking context menu on a song will alow you to add that song to the playlist, or all songs currently displayed to the playlist.

- things such as top 100 and most played song lists
    The database already contains data on the number of times each video is played, and this feature will be integrated in some form... working through how to best accomplish it.

- Web interface, so if i have the videos playing on my main server and users want to que up songs they can connect to webpage and do it that way so the videos dont stop playing
    Interesting concept. There are multiple web service plugins for MP already. However as far as I can tell none are extensible to plugins. If you can convince someone to make an interface for their webserver plugin then I can probably integrate to that. I dont see much point in creating another web app just for the one plugin. The best idea would be for the MP team, or someone, to implement a web service into the main MP app that is extensible for plugin developers.

Thanks for the ideas, and let me know how you get on with the plugin.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey metalla_nz... Looks like your going well. Have not tested yet, will do real soon... I'm also more than happy to work on your streamedMP skin for you... Did some good work for the old one..

While we are on the subject of suggestions... Seeing that we are using last.fm for the artist and song info, why not get in discussion with the programmer of mylyrics (as he recently added last.fm support) and see if you could get LRC and Lyric support. Especially LRC as you could introduce some form of subtitles while the video is playing.. Might be a little far fetched but hey. Just an idea..

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So now we want a karaoke plugin???? :p

I have a prog called ultrastar deluxe set up using one of the launching programs. Uses my music vids, with text files that are all over the net.

Its essentially a free pc port of singstar, works quite well.

If you want to use and want any of the lyrics files i have a few thousand sitting here somewhere I can send through

New version uploaded. See first post for details:
    http://mp-musicvids.googlecode.com/files/MusicVids 0.0.2.1.zip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom