Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Kiwijunglist is right. If you look in the artists folder you will see the names of the other artists. You just need to match that and the plugin should pick it up automatically. The better alternative would be to upload it to last.fm's DB to improve it for everybody else.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey metalla_nz: I sold my old IDE HDD so wont be posting it up to you, are you any good at skining i made all the mockups and overlay images for music nowplaying streamed mp fanart mode, but i can't really code the xml properly. Have a look here, maybe you can help finish it? -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-mods-bug-fixes-49484/index42.html#post538180
    example-alt01.jpg

Markpainter

Portal Member
    April 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Vista Issues

Hi all

I made the mistake of upgrading my PC to Vista and find that the latest MP builds won't install and so have had to go back to 1.02 get MP up and uninng.

But now I find that My Music Videos won't work with that version..

Has anyone got MMV working under Vista, and if so.. How?
    Or failing that, do we know the lowest version of MP that MMV works with?

Since 90% of my MP use is with MMV this is a quite a hassle for me, and it is looking like I will have to go back to XP to get it all working again..:(

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all

I made the mistake of upgrading my PC to Vista...(

:eek: Why would you want to do that?? You would've been better off going for Windows 7 (or sticking with XP).

...so have had to go back to 1.02 get MP up and uninng.

But now I find that My Music Videos won't work with that version..

Has anyone got MMV working under Vista, and if so..(

Yep, I had MMV working on Vista with MP 1.0.2 installed :) I say had because my Vista/MP setup is on my test PC (used for general skinning & running plugins which need skinning) and last night I had to uninstall MP due to some "funny" things it had started doing - probably just as a result of all the cr@p it gets thrown at it!

I don't recall having to do anything special to get MMV to work on the Vista setup but when I re-install everything I'll take note of what I do and let you know (if you haven't already got it sorted by then).

Bleazle

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have MMV working fine on Vista Ultimate 32bit. I had no problems, so I don't know what to tell you to do! Are you getting any error messages?

BTW Chris, any update on fanart support? You already download images from last.fm so, imo all you need to do is find a way to access the widescreen images. I am not sure how jburnette did it in the old plugin, but it worked a treat and it is the only thing missing from this great plugin.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ Markpainter: I've just re-installed MP 1.0.2 + MMV & it's working fine. I didn't do anything special, just dropped the .dll file in the plugins folder and then configured it. So when you say MMV won't work for you what exactly is happening? Can you configure it in MPConfig? I assume you're using a skin that supports MMV? Can you bring up the MMV screen but can't play video (i.e. codec issues)? etc.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah fan-art is on the cards for the next release. I really want to spend sometine on the next release to add a bunch of new stuff, so it may still be a while away, shouldnt be more than a few weeks though.. hopefully

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom