MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: S-video

I asked this in another forum a few weeks ago but probably had to many issues asked in on post.

I have my music located on a NAS.

I have prescanned (in setup) all the music and only use one dir+subdirs for my music on a NAS device. That worked.

When in portal I go to my music it hangs and never appears or takes several minutes to appear if I wait that long. I have tried several different SVNs and none have fixed this problem.

I have roughly 5300 songs. I have a total of about 9000 items (songs, folders, coveart, etc).

jedipunk

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
I switched out the video card with a 128mb MSI star force 5200
It uses nvidia geforce fx5200 drivers and is DX9 compatible.
I installed DX9c from MS. I still have the same problem and a new one.

Now all my AVI files have their audio out of sync. This was a problem with the original card as well and I turned of nView desktop manager and it fixed it, but I am having no luck here. The nView DM is already off and I have tried changing some settings. Unless I need to reboot after every change (I don't recall doing so in the past) I have not been able to fix it. It is not limited to MP, it is also out of synch in WMP11.

Regarding music, Maybe I need to make sure I am in DB view or maybe it is due to my having Windows Media Player 11 installed.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is not limited to MP, it is also out of synch in WMP11.

Ok so you have a codec problem, if you try uninstalling one by one to see where the problem disappears.

Then if useing "DIVX\XVID" codecs try useing "FFDShow Tryout", or the other way round if FFDShow already installed to correct the problem.

jedipunk

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    The videos worked fine when I had the MX4000 card installed. After switching out the card the audio screwed up. I didn't install or uninstall any codecs during the switch so I don't see how it could be the issue.

I the acme codec pack installed.

jedipunk

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    I did notice a new item in the MP setup called DirectShow Filter which I am investigating. I am guessing this did not appear before due to my previous card not support DX9.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Regarding music, Maybe I need to make sure I am in DB view or maybe it is due to my having Windows Media Player 11 installed.

Hi,
    You're right, use db view when having files on a network drive, else it will be slooooooow ;)

Regards
    Roy

jedipunk

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    I looked in setup and could not find how to use DB view. Can I only change this in portal?

Also, I played with the Directshow settings and all my movies seem ok, but one. Which was fine 2 days ago. All my movies I encode myself and are done the same way. All the movies are out of synch in WMP11 which I don't know how to fix.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    In MP Setup (Configuration) you can only scan in to db (necessary when using db views), in MP -> My Music & "switch view" select something else then "Shares view", like Artists, albums etc.

This will speed up My Music view when having files on Network.

Regards
    Roy

jedipunk

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    I got the music fixed.
    Does anyone have any advice regarding AVIs?
    I seem to have a mix of some in synch and some out-of-synch and cannot determine why?

They are starting in synch and get out of synch and sometimes get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom