My Netflix 2.0 Alpha (Trial version for those who dare :) ) (1 Viewer)

antonehenry

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
MP V 1.1.3.0

No worries about the problems. Hopefully we run into an obvious and easy to fix issue while in the testing phase! :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MP V 1.1.3.0

No worries about the problems. Hopefully we run into an obvious and easy to fix issue while in the testing phase! :)

Ahhhhhh... You might be the first to try it on a 1.1.3 install.

Let me do some research and I will post a new version compatible with 1.1.3.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I can probably just upgrade if that's all that it takes too.

What version of media portal is everyone else running?

Hmmm... You can if you want to, but if you can hold off a little while you can test the version that is 1.1.3 compatible.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Cool, that was quick.

I installed and tested it. Things work very quickly and smoothly actually. As I'm sure you're aware and has been said already, the external player is much less than desirable, but what could you do about that.

I use a windows remote to control my MediaPortal, which has no functionality in the external player. It was a bit confusing how to actually stop a video and navigate back to media portal. I had to get out my keyboard and mouse to do so. Pushing stop on my remote took me back to MP, but left the video running somewhere in the background and had to use task manager to stop it.

Little bugs and such, but you've already done something awesome. MP should support NetFlix. With the instant queue it has as many options to watch videos as a phone app or xbox app for the most part. And being with the rest of my media makes it very useful. Once it is skinned I will use it instead of xbox, but I'll continue to test new versions as they are released. My 1.1.3 has worked flawlessly, so thanks for updating your file to accommodate my version.

I'll continue to play around and see if I notice anything else.

EDIT: Okay, I guess my windows remote does work well with it. haha. The only tough part is stopping a video. It does not close the "tab" in Internet Explorer, it just brings me back to the last page I was on in MyNetFlix. It should terminate Internet Explorer to bring you back to MP.

Also, is there a way to toggle full screen via remote?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Cool, that was quick.

I installed and tested it. Things work very quickly and smoothly actually. As I'm sure you're aware and has been said already, the external player is much less than desirable, but what could you do about that.

I use a windows remote to control my MediaPortal, which has no functionality in the external player. It was a bit confusing how to actually stop a video and navigate back to media portal. I had to get out my keyboard and mouse to do so. Pushing stop on my remote took me back to MP, but left the video running somewhere in the background and had to use task manager to stop it.

Little bugs and such, but you've already done something awesome. MP should support NetFlix. With the instant queue it has as many options to watch videos as a phone app or xbox app for the most part. And being with the rest of my media makes it very useful. Once it is skinned I will use it instead of xbox, but I'll continue to test new versions as they are released. My 1.1.3 has worked flawlessly, so thanks for updating your file to accommodate my version.

I'll continue to play around and see if I notice anything else.

EDIT: Okay, I guess my windows remote does work well with it. haha. The only tough part is stopping a video. It does not close the "tab" in Internet Explorer, it just brings me back to the last page I was on in MyNetFlix. It should terminate Internet Explorer to bring you back to MP.

Also, is there a way to toggle full screen via remote?

Hey Antonehenry,
    Crap, I forgot to put the remote button functions on the first post. Thank you for reminding me ;)

I understand about the external player. I am trying to use IE in kiosk mode and its not working out well on all setups. For instance, if you are using the second port on your video card (usually the HDMI port) the video will continue to play even after hitting stop AND closing the browser. Not sure how that is possible but its happening. I will continue to look at other options to get it as close to perfect as I can...

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I updated the first post with remote button functions...

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i'm also confused by this necessity to sign up to another website just to get the same service i already signed up for...?
    what benefit is there to this additional process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom