My Netflix 2.0 Alpha (Trial version for those who dare :) ) (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay guys, here is the MyNetflix 2.0 Alpha version. The only skin available currently is the DefaultWide, so please do not post back issues with other skins. This version is for TESTING ONLY. The only working queues are Instant and Disc.

Here's what you need to do...

1. Download the attached MyNetflix2 Alpha.zip file and unzip it a temp folder.
    2. If you have any version of MyNetflix installed rename the MyNetflix.dll file in your Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows folder to MyNetflix.dll.old (THIS IS IMPORTANT.) Also rename the MyNetflix xml files in the DefaultWide skin folder.
    3. Copy the contents from the zip file folders to your respective folders.
    4. Go to myReelTalk and sign up for an account (If you havent already.) (Dont forget to register your Netflix account)
    5. Go to the MediaPortal Config and configure the plugin. Use the username and password you created on the myReelTalk.com website.
    6. Start MediaPortal and try it out.

Note: If you have any previous version installed it is important to rename the old xml files and dll file (see the #2 above.) When your done testing, delete the MyNetflix2.dll file and rename the old version and xml files back.

The feedback I am looking for on this version is mostly speed of use. I know there are a lot of features not hooked in yet, so please don't post back that the History, Favorites, etc are not working.

The things that ARE working....
    • Instant Queue - Should be able to navigate and play movies. Should also be able to drill down and play episodes on TV Series
    • Disc Queue - Should be able to view the discs in your queue.
    • Rental History
    • Rated Movies
    • Favorite Movies - Should be able to navigate and play movies.
    • Favorite TV Series - Shoudl be able to navigate and play movies.
    • Watch List - Should be able to naviate and play movies.
    • Fan Art - Fan art should be working for movies and TV Series

Remote Buttons: (NOTE: I'm using a Microsoft Remote)
    • Play - Plays the movie
    • OK - In List view it plays a movie. During playback it will pause, play movie
    • Rewind - Rewinds the movie (NOTE: the more you press the faster it rewinds) (Second NOTE: Press OK to stop RW)
    • Fast Forward - Fast Forwards the movie (NOTE: the more you press the faster it fast forwards)(Second NOTE: Press OK to stop FF)
    • Info - Puts the movie in full screen
    • Stop - Stops the movie and closes the external player

:D

Attachments

• My Netflix 2.0 Alpha 2.0.4.zip
      459.4 KB
    • My Netflix 2.0 Alpha 2.0.4 (For MP 1.1.3).zip
      848.3 KB

lildaveycross

May 31, 2011
    Hi!
    So, I can get the mynetflix menu to load just fine, but when I select instant queue nothing shows up. Here's the error I get...

2011-11-04 21:54:27.921341 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SKIN: Missing C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\MyNetFlixDetails.xml

...I'm assuming MyNeflixDetails.xml is something that's missing from the zip file, maybe???

I have MP 1.2.1 and did not have a prevoius version of mynetflix.

Let me know if I'm missing something obvious - wouldn't be the first time :)

Thanks!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi!
    So, I can get the mynetflix menu to load just fine, but when I select instant queue nothing shows up. Here's the error I get...

2011-11-04 21:54:27.921341 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: SKIN: Missing C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\DefaultWide\MyNetFlixDetails.xml

...I'm assuming MyNeflixDetails.xml is something that's missing from the zip file, maybe???

I have MP 1.2.1 and did not have a prevoius version of mynetflix.

Let me know if I'm missing something obvious - wouldn't be the first time :)

Thanks!

Damn!

Okay, mistake #1 on the alpha :p

I have uploaded a new versoin with wth MyNetflixDetails.xml file included... Sorry about that!

Wile E.

lildaveycross

May 31, 2011
    Thanks Wile E., but I guess that wasn't the problem. The instant queue still will not populate.
    I no longer get an error log, but I've attached my MediaPortal and Config logs for you to look at...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks Wile E., but I guess that wasn't the problem. The instant queue still will not populate.
    I no longer get an error log, but I've attached my MediaPortal and Config logs for you to look at...

Hey lildaveycross,
    If you logon to myReelTalk.com does your instant queue show up there?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I don't see it anywhere. Where is it supposed to be?

The links under "My Account" (rated movies, watch list, etc.) do not show anything.

Did you authorize Netflix after you created your account? Go the My Account -> Account Settings page and authorize Netflix (Step 2)

lildaveycross

May 31, 2011
    Yes I did (several times now), and still do not see anything. Not sure what's going on, maybe someone else can chime in as to whether or not the instant queue is showing up when they use myreeltalk.com??

Thanks for all the quick replies, hopefully I can get this figured out :)

reven

Portal Member
    July 12, 2005
    same. ive authorized netflix on myreelltalk.com, ive added favourites,watch list on the website, add nothing is showing up in the plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom