My Netflix 2.0 Alpha (Trial version for those who dare :) ) (1 Viewer)

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Same here. Nothing shows up in my instant queue.

Willie, please don't give up! This is going to be a great plugin!

sl33p3r

Portal Member
July 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The queues show up just fine for me, but hitting back/escape when at the root NetFlix 2.0 screen does nothing. Hitting this button should send me back to the home menu, but it does not work in NetFlix 2.0.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
So to use this plugin, I have to sign up on an external website first? Not real keen on that. This would be the only netflix enabled device I have that would require it. Don't understand why, but it is a factor in my decision. I don't want to share every single aspect of my life with people on social network sites. People sign up for all kinds of social networking stuff without even thinking about it anymore. IMO, not really a good thing.

I may not get Netflix on my MP box after all. Thanks for all the work Wile E.

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
The queues show up just fine for me, but hitting back/escape when at the root NetFlix 2.0 screen does nothing. Hitting this button should send me back to the home menu, but it does not work in NetFlix 2.0.

Same here. I'm having to shut down mediaportal via the task manager to get out of it.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    So to use this plugin, I have to sign up on an external website first? Not real keen on that. This would be the only netflix enabled device I have that would require it. Don't understand why, but it is a factor in my decision. I don't want to share every single aspect of my life with people on social network sites. People sign up for all kinds of social networking stuff without even thinking about it anymore. IMO, not really a good thing.

I may not get Netflix on my MP box after all. Thanks for all the work Wile E.

Hey mlburgoon,
    I appreciate the feedback, thank you. To answer your concerns in order...

1. External website -> A few plugins (Last.fm, Moving Pictures, etc.) have external websites to create accounts before use. I do understand your concern, but all that data that is fed to the 2.0 plugin runs through this site. I will consider creating a sign-up form for the plugin when we get further along in development.

2. Social Networking -> The myReelTalk website does not require social networking. In fact, you have to enable Facebook & Twitter manually to share information. If you do not enable these features, nothing will be shared.

3. "I may not get Netflix on my MP box after all." -> I am building this plugin for all users, so if it is a make or break for you and others, we will find a way around it.

Thank again!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

I see the issue here... Its set to return to the 'Users' menu from the queue menu. If you only have one user there is nothing to display, hence the issue. I will fix that tonight.

Thanks!
    Wile E.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Hey, I appreciate the response. My response to yours would be as follows:

To your point 1, Moving pictures does not require you to sign up for any site, it is optional. for last.fm\pandora, I am signing up for their service, I am not going to a third party and signing up with that third party to be able to access the service that I have already signed up for. I am already signed up for Netflix, so don't see the need to sign up for a nother service.

To your point 2, that is nice to know and is a factor in signing up (in a good way).

To your point 3, I know there is a ton of work involved in that. It would be nice to have it direct and for some people it may be a deal breaker. Don't change it for one person, though.

thanks for the hard work, and I am debating trying it out.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey, I appreciate the response. My response to yours would be as follows:

To your point 1, Moving pictures does not require you to sign up for any site, it is optional. for last.fm\pandora, I am signing up for their service, I am not going to a third party and signing up with that third party to be able to access the service that I have already signed up for. I am already signed up for Netflix, so don't see the need to sign up for a nother service.

To your point 2, that is nice to know and is a factor in signing up (in a good way).

To your point 3, I know there is a ton of work involved in that. It would be nice to have it direct and for some people it may be a deal breaker. Don't change it for one person, though.

thanks for the hard work, and I am debating trying it out.

Thanks for your response and know that I value every opinion. I will keep your points in mind moving forward.

:D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I updated the first post with a new Alpha version 2.0.4. List of updates...

• Fixed 'back' bug. Navigation should be complete.
    • Added History Queue functionality
    • Added Rated Movies functionality
    • Added Favorite Movies functionality
    • Added Favorite TV Series functionality
    • Added Watch List functionality

Try it out and let me know of any issues.

:D

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

Thanks to lildaveycross, I was able to debug a few issues related to authorizing accounts. If you have had issues authorizing your account please try again and let me know if you have issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom