My NetFlix 2.0 Update News & Community Feedback (2 Viewers)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That looks fine. Seems to be some re-sizing artifacts or something on the TV symbol. Wonder if that's from the screenshot and what it might look like in person.

If you're looking for alternate ideas, you could also do a smaller symbol underneath the little red, blue, and black balls on the left. Or even possibly a new little yellow ball.

The sorting order you outlined makes perfect sense. I suppose that those people who use the instant queue a lot might want to see what they just added recently -- perhaps an option to re-sort the instant queue by time added?

John.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    That looks fine. Seems to be some re-sizing artifacts or something on the TV symbol. Wonder if that's from the screenshot and what it might look like in person.

If you're looking for alternate ideas, you could also do a smaller symbol underneath the little red, blue, and black balls on the left. Or even possibly a new little yellow ball.

The sorting order you outlined makes perfect sense. I suppose that those people who use the instant queue a lot might want to see what they just added recently -- perhaps an option to re-sort the instant queue by time added?

John.

Hmmm,
    We could just add another indicator. That makes sense.

Funny you mention the re-sort by recently added, that's why I was thinking of adding the Recently Added Queue (not shown in the screen shots.) :)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    And this reminds me of something I thought of some time ago, but keep forgetting to mention. How about a symbol that would indicate if a movie in your queue is already in your movie collection (by comparing the movie name and release date to entries in the Moving Pictures database). My wife keeps adding movies to her queue that we already have. I'd love an indication in My Netflix when she does this. Just a thought.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    And this reminds me of something I thought of some time ago, but keep forgetting to mention. How about a symbol that would indicate if a movie in your queue is already in your movie collection (by comparing the movie name and release date to entries in the Moving Pictures database). My wife keeps adding movies to her queue that we already have. I'd love an indication in My Netflix when she does this. Just a thought.

Hmmm...

While that is a great idea, it has the potential to tie this plugin to specific version of Moving Pictures. Moving Pictures is under constant development and I have no idea how often their database changes (no disrespect to the Moving Pictures team.) It would be nice if it (and TV Series) would expose an API for other plugins to grab movie/show information. I might ping a few of the team members and see if that is possible, if they dont have it already...

:D
    Wile E.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    something I would like to see is different indicators for the instant watch, dvd only, etc.. the red, blue and black dots are just too ambiguous. If some one who is not experienced with the plugin sees those, they have no idea what they mean. I still don't know for sure. I don't use netflix much on my MP box, but we are getting ready to move some equipment around and the WII won't be hooked up to the tv we watch movies on. Somehow having a better system (something like the TV icon) woudl be great.

Just a thought.

Thanks

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    something I would like to see is different indicators for the instant watch, dvd only, etc.. the red, blue and black dots are just too ambiguous. If some one who is not experienced with the plugin sees those, they have no idea what they mean. I still don't know for sure. I don't use netflix much on my MP box, but we are getting ready to move some equipment around and the WII won't be hooked up to the tv we watch movies on. Somehow having a better system (something like the TV icon) woudl be great.

Just a thought.

Thanks

I understand your confusion, but thats why I created a ReadMe.pdf file to explain the functions of the plugin ;) Speaking of which, it will be important to read the plugin readme for the 2.0 version or else you will probably miss out on a some of the features.

I have created a mockup of new icons and attached it to the first post.

- Red Dot - Available for Instant View
    - Black Dot - Availble in DVD Format
    - Blue Dot - Available in Blu-Ray Format
    - Yellow Dot - Is a TV Series (I used yellow from jmvaughn's suggestion)

Will those make more sense? Thoughts? If someone else would like to provide some proposed icons they should be 30x30 pixels.

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Wile E.

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    Those look good to me. I might suggest sharpening up the visibility of the triangle in the red icon, and perhaps a thicker yellow border around the yellow one.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Those look good to me. I might suggest sharpening up the visibility of the triangle in the red icon, and perhaps a thicker yellow border around the yellow one.

How about that... (see the first post for the update pic.)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    Those look great. Nice work :)

And if you're going to do everything I ask, I think I'd like a pony next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom