My NetFlix 2.0 Update News & Community Feedback (1 Viewer)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Those dots are really nice. Even my parents can understand those dots!!! and that is saying something.

Thanks for that.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Okay,
    Now lets discuss positioning. Should all 4 icons be together (I attached an example on the first post) or should the TV icon still be to the right of the Title?

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    Hmmm... I think I'd vote for either all of them together on the left, or perhaps the TV icon immediately below the icons on the left.

This is getting very exciting. I can't wait for my first peek at 2.0.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hmmm... I think I'd vote for either all of them together on the left, or perhaps the TV icon immediately below the icons on the left.

This is getting very exciting. I can't wait for my first peek at 2.0.

Hmmm... Since these icons are going to be bigger, they will probably take up most of the space on the line. So putting an icon immediately below would make the lines too high?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I have posted updated screen shots on the first post showing the new icons. Let me know what you think...

Thanks!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

The development of 2.0 has slowed due to a few nasty bugs and my work keeping me busy. The big bugs remaining are:

- Backdrop downloads from themoviedb.org. The new architecture Im using for MyNetFlix works great with NetFlix and thetvdb.com, but does not agree with themoviedb.org. On the inital load of backdrops it queue's the downloads, but eventually times out and only downloads half the images. I am going to ping the dev's and see if they can help with this issue.
    - Switch View. For some reason whenever you switch viewes it does not clear the facadequeue. This is probably something simple but I have not had much time to investigate. (List view works perfect, all other views do not.)
    - Add Series to Queue. This is a known problem for the disc queue on the NetFlix API, but it is not working as expected on the Instant queue either.
    - I need to finalize the 'previous' queue issues. Since this version cache's the queues, occasionally when you hit the back button it does not return to the proper queue. Again, this is probably something simple, I just need a little time to troubleshoot.

Again I apologize for the delay. Hopefully within a month we will have a solid public beta.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom