My Netflix: A rough start for newcomers on 1.2 Beta (1 Viewer)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Netflix developers.

Yesterday, i've installed Netflix to test and see if it would fulfill my needs of instantly streaming DVDs and Blurays.

The website works perfectly, but I did come of to quite a rough start with My Netflix plugin.

-The installer did not work on 1.2 Beta - Had to install it manually by zip-file.

-There was no support of new defaultwide skin - so I had to copy files seperately.

-There is a general skin error, when entering Netflix

-Integrated webbrowser is outdated and has both buttons and frame on it - Has to overwrite manually from new forum version of Webbrowser.

-Navigation does not follow the general Mediaportal/plugin navigation.(Cannot press "Enter" on movies to play, Fullscreen is mapped to button "F").

-Skin layout seems to be buggy or outdated in Mepo 1.2Beta (Queue info box & List seems to have missing a background box - It can be hard to read text, it is mixed up with Poster/Coverart background)

-Coverart seems to be slow downloading - And when no coverart is found, there is not displayed a "default coverart" - Screen is just blank - Example "New releases - Only series)

-Trailer support does not seem to work (Linkfix from "original thread" does not work!)

-Navigation bugs - Several places, where you enter an error box, you can navigate back.(Example - Play trailer, and error occurs, navigation freezes - Have to reboot Mepo with CTRL+ALT+DELETE).

In general the plugin seems very promising, but has it flaws & bugs - Can see from changelog, that development seems to have stopped back in June 2010..........

Personally I will postpone my usage of Netflix, and await a more stable and supported development(Maybe in 1.2 Final?)

Keep up the nice work & development:)

/Morten

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Netflix developers.

Yesterday, i've installed Netflix to test and see if it would fulfill my needs of instantly streaming DVDs and Blurays.

The website works perfectly, but I did come of to quite a rough start with My Netflix plugin.

-The installer did not work on 1.2 Beta - Had to install it manually by zip-file.

-There was no support of new defaultwide skin - so I had to copy files seperately.

-There is a general skin error, when entering Netflix

-Integrated webbrowser is outdated and has both buttons and frame on it - Has to overwrite manually from new forum version of Webbrowser.

-Navigation does not follow the general Mediaportal/plugin navigation.(Cannot press "Enter" on movies to play, Fullscreen is mapped to button "F").

-Skin layout seems to be buggy or outdated in Mepo 1.2Beta (Queue info box & List seems to have missing a background box - It can be hard to read text, it is mixed up with Poster/Coverart background)

-Coverart seems to be slow downloading - And when no coverart is found, there is not displayed a "default coverart" - Screen is just blank - Example "New releases - Only series)

-Trailer support does not seem to work (Linkfix from "original thread" does not work!)

-Navigation bugs - Several places, where you enter an error box, you can navigate back.(Example - Play trailer, and error occurs, navigation freezes - Have to reboot Mepo with CTRL+ALT+DELETE).

In general the plugin seems very promising, but has it flaws & bugs - Can see from changelog, that development seems to have stopped back in June 2010..........

Personally I will postpone my usage of Netflix, and await a more stable and supported development(Maybe in 1.2 Final?)

Keep up the nice work & development:)

/Morten

Hey Morten,
    Welcome and thank you for the feedback.

Just as FYI, this project is not developed by Netflix but by individual developers that do this on their own time. Netflix provides an API so developers like us can take advantage of their services and provide a native interface to 3rd party systems.

As far as trying out the beta, yes, its best to wait until the final is out. I dont recommend anyone use beta software in their production environment, and MediaPortal can be a little tough for newcomers.

Thanks again...
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom