My Netflix Plugin Development Halted (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello All,
    I'm sorry to say, but myReelTalk and the My Netflix 2.0 plugin development have been halted. myReelTalk.com will be decommissioned shortly (within the week.) All of the develpment work for My Netflix 2.0 plugin was based on the myReelTalk site, so no code will be released. Sorry.

This decision was due to many things, work, many other projects, facebook and Netflix constantly changing their API's, and mostly because I no longer use MediaPortal. Way too much for one person to keep up (and have a family life.) It's because of these things I have stopped development.

I apologize to all the people that use and have supported the plugin. I hope someone will take over the 1.4 development and continue to serve you. Wizard43 has the latest version 1.4, so hopefully he still has a working copy of the code for someone to take over.

PLEASE NOTE: The webservice that serves 1.3 and 1.4 will also be decommissioned on July 31st. This means if no one has taken over the code, there will be certain parts (if not all of the plugin) unusable. I am still paying for hosting for the webservice and I would like to retire it.

Thank you all again for your support over the years. Its been fun!

Good luck!
    Wile E.

Last edited:

LoLander

Portal Member
    January 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi WileECoyte,

First off, thanks for the plugin. Sad about myreeltalk. I tried various options, and most of the modded browsers doesn't work well with my dualscreen setup. Of all the choices, the best working I get is the 1.4.1 plugin using IE or Firefox. I can get IE loading and Netfilx starts steaming pefectly (Netflix API must be working still). IE starts maximized, but I can only controle the Netflix player if I click on the screen with the mouse. I bit anoying, but I think this will take a Silverlight/Netflix player hack to get around.

I would however like to play with the Queries and remove the DVD menu's, etc. I use Instant only. I checked the google code and can only find v2 alpha. Is the v1.4.1 code available? I'm no big programmer, but I'll release my mods if I can get my head around the code.

Thanks again,

Zener

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom