My pictures: Option to scan only new pictures for database (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Country flag
    Yesterday I took 40 new photographs and transferred them to my hard disk.
    Of course they had no thumbs shown in media portal. so i did a scan.

so far so good.
    but media portal scanned everry picture again, also those already in the database.

I have 350 pictures, it took 2 minutes, so no big problem.
    but if someone has 1.000 or 2.000 pictures this will be a bit annoying.

Maybe a option is possible:

# scan all
    # scan only new pictures

i am not an expert on databases and programming, but i imagine it could be done.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

if u enter the new folder and scan from there, it wont scan all pics again but only pics in this folder...

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Country flag
    might be a solution.

as for now, i save all picures in one folder "my pictures".
    But with a growing number of pics its probably recommandable to create subfolders like "summer holiday 2004" or so.

tomtom21000

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Country flag
    O.K. Last night I created a lot of subfolders, and I must admit thats what I should have done from the beginning 8)

So everything is working fine and scans are only made of pictures in the folder you have opened not the subfolders.

So, no need to implement a new feature for this.

tomtom21000

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for nothing. Thanks anyway. Emph
    Sad to see you replied so late, I've long since moved from 32bit to 64bit, so you've gone through all that trouble to help me for...
    ************************************************* EDIT 2019-04-29: New version, see Gitlad for change log. Thank you SINCowboy So...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MediaPortal2-Buddy DE
    That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched flags and restore later.
    That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched...
    Hi. And here is another "Buddy"... Today's Buddy is "MediaPortal2-Buddy" (or short, MP2-Buddy), a tool to do some work around...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom