Ongoing My planned build (1 Viewer)

Nook29

Portal Member
January 2, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Could you please explain what BDA drivers are? Saw you mention this when I searched earlier for threads about USB sticks and MediaPortal, but wasn't sure what BDA stood for.

Nook29

Portal Member
January 2, 2008
Home Country
The device arrived today, and is connected to the outside aerial, and displays TV in the supplied software..

However, MP is not finding it, and I have installed the drivers. Downloaded and installed that TVE3 thing, but it asks to connect to a MySQL thing, which I don't have, so it does nothing for me.

Any help?

Nook29

Portal Member
January 2, 2008
Home Country
Followed that, installed the Microsofyt SQL thing, but cannot connect to the database server with the info I set up. Always says failed, and the Service box turns green.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    config-TV-Server-first-start

in = sa
    password: [whatever you set]

If this does not solve your problem, I suggest you open a thread in the right section of the forum.

Nook29

Portal Member
    January 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Great stuff, says connection succeeded this time. Thanks

My card isn't recognised in the TV server thing either. So it's looking like I won't be able to link this device with MP?

Well I won't worry too much about getting it to recognise this particular device, as I believe the device won't be staying with me long. Only managed to get 4 channels watchable, the rest are all stuttery and glitchy.

Hopefully return this for a full refund and get an internal one. Any suggestions? I have a budget of about £17 for this part.

Spotted this PCI card, a Pinnacle. According to the MP Wiki, the Dual version is supported, so does that mean there's a good chance this one will be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom