Completed My powerful HTPC in a drawer (1 Viewer)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great work, you've inspired me to try something similar with mine as my case doesn't fit properly in my TV cabinet, but there's an empty cupboard on one side. Might have to trial it as airflow is a concern with mine, but may just realign the cabinet door at the front to provide airflow. Couple of massive cable holes at the rear, so no issues there.

Plus might stop my youngest hitting the shiny power putton :D

Are the Hard drives just resting on the board?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Are the Hard drives just resting on the board?
    They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between the two adhesive sides.
    No vibrations will make it to the board and the tape really is strong enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Here is a review of that Venset TS700A TV Lift equipped with IR remote and Bracket TS700. I was looking for a TV lift solution mostly for more flexibility and better quality when enjoying passive 3D content. In fact my Philips TV 55PUK7150/12 has quite a narrow vertical angle for optimal 3D quality. That's notably an issue while...
    Here is a review of that Venset TS700A TV Lift equipped with IR remote and Bracket TS700. I was looking for a TV lift solution...
    Here is a review of that Venset TS700A TV Lift equipped with IR remote and Bracket TS700. I was looking for a TV lift solution...
    Replies
    Views
    I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives. The only bad point is the bottom mounted filter is a HUGE pain to remove for cleaning.
    I have the silverstone GD07B and I really like it. No front memory card reader. It takes 2x front 5.25" and a lot of 3.5" drives...
    Hello there, my amplifier is 171 mm (H): 435 mm (W): 393 mm (D) and I am looking for a HTPC case which is a similar width and depth...
    Replies
    Views
    In December 2017 I acquired a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 DUAL OC for €529 on Alternate.de. It seems it has a similar board layout and I was able to apply the same modifications. However it would probably greatly benefit from an after market heat-sink. Palit did again a good job at providing a minimalist product which can be easily...
    In December 2017 I acquired a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 DUAL OC for €529 on Alternate.de. It seems it has a similar board layout and I...
    Here is a review of Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Dual. After getting myself a 4K TV I thought I'll try and get a GPU that does 4K too...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks Jay for stepping in and your suggestion! So it's possible that I create some kind of corridor by just 1 intake hole and 1 exhaust with fan and that in the rest of my compartment, the hot air is accumulated? With my previous desktop pc, I had closed the openings in the side panel in front of the CPU cooler and also closed other...
    Thanks Jay for stepping in and your suggestion! So it's possible that I create some kind of corridor by just 1 intake hole and 1...
    Inspired by this build I started my own DIY project: my antec case is to wide for the tv cabinet and I would like to make it less...
    Replies
    Views
    Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
    Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
    I received and thoroughly tested that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver. It turns out to be a really good IR receiver...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom