My Programs 0.1 release (1 Viewer)

barranger

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
So there's still some bugs, but I believe that I've gotten enough completed to warrent a 0.1 release, so here it is.

New in this release is support for launching shortcuts (if you want to put your start menu into the plugin, go ahead, just use .lnk as the extension) and support for png files as the images

Enjoy and if you find any bugs, please share them.

Thanks,
Domi_fan

A

Anonymous

one small bug

Hey Domi_fan,
Real quick before I head to bed - I noticed that when I restart MP to enable your plugin, the "button" graphic behind "My Programs" isn't there behind the text. Maybe something wrong with the skin file? I'll have a chance to look at it tomorrow. Is there a way to enable the plugin without restarting MP?

Also - I read on your blog about your "My Shows" idea - we should talk, that sounds like a great idea, and XMLTV should be able to give you what you need (at least for a set time range).

Gil

A

Anonymous

Ah, I see the note about the home page refresh in the other thread. Let me know if you get that fixed - I could use it for the plugin I am working on.

Gil

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm working on your plugin now for skinning.
    We should meet up to talk about the naming sceme we wanna use for the icons etc.

Also, ID12 (number of files) isn't working yet.
    and, returning from a mame game returns you to home-screen.. Not where I left in my programs.

thnx
    hope talking to you soon.

A

Anonymous

domi_fan said:
    So there's still some bugs, but I believe that I've gotten enough completed to warrent a 0.1 release, so here it is.

New in this release is support for launching shortcuts (if you want to put your start menu into the plugin, go ahead, just use .lnk as the extension) and support for png files as the images

Thanks,
    Domi_fan

Being able to launch programs outside MediaPortal sounds like a super great idea, but could you for understanding reasons give an example on how to fill out the plugin to eg. start mspaint? I try my best to fill out the info required, but when I press the button for my newly created mspaint...nothing happens!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    @kingmanon:
    I think you have to fill in the document path as well. Create a folder with at least one (can be empty) ms paint document. in extensions you need to add the mspaint document extention (don´t know what it is). For zip-files it would be .zip

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Finally figured out how it is working!

To save others the waste of time let me outline how to start an extern program:

- Open the plug-in control (ctrl+f2)
    - Enable the My programs plugin and press configure
    - Fill out acording to this table:
    -- Name <the name you want to figure in My programs>
    -- Launching Application <Point to the application which starts the kind of files you want to use. If you want to start executables, leave it blank>
    -- Files directory <Point to a folder which contains the kind of files you want to be able to start>
    -- Image directory <dunno yet>
    -- Extensions <enter the extensions you want executed with the launching application selected above. For executables enter ".exe" without the quotes.

Have fun :)

Btw. an idea for the next version of My Programs; Add the ability to hide extensions like the rest of MP can.

Thanks for the plug-in

A

Anonymous

I would like a graphic displayed for each program i have.

Anyway to make this possible?

For example for my supernintendo emulator maybe this image would show up..

supernes.gif

or

supernes.jpg

A

Anonymous

domi_fan said:

Thanks,
    Domi_fan

great job on my programs.

For MAME i have the image directory setup so it shows a snapshot of the game. What would be great is that i can view my mame games in LISTVIEW, and every time i highlight a game, the snapshot will appear on the lower left hand corner of the screen (where the album art appears usually)

Any ideas/plans to implement this?

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    I'll be starting working on My Programs and My Recipies this weekend so keep the suggestions coming. As for the Mame image suggestion, I'll talk with Frodo to see if this is even posible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom