Completed My setup with a laptop (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have a Sony Vaio TR laptop which I connect to a Sony Mobile LCD Projector (1500 ANSI lumen 1024x768). I control this with a SE K700 telephone using Bluetooth (see HID profile in the general development). Primarily I use this to watch DivX or DVD, but if needed I could use FireWire or USB2 to connect storage or an external TV tuner (liek the ATI Tv Wonder). At the moment I don't have a photo, but trust me: the image of the Sony beamer (VPL serie) is awesome!

A

Anonymous

luke` said:
I WANT PICS

LOL, soon. But does anyone have a clue for good Speakers that in some way are portable? I know mostly use simple speakers and most of them need a big amplifier to be powered. that is what i use at home now, but imagine when i take the projector and laptop with me...

A

Anonymous

luke` said:
I WANT PICS

At the moment I am in Beijing for work for several months. I only took my laptop and harddisks. So it is impossible for me to show any pics of the setup now.

luke` said:
i would get a good set of 5.1 computer speakers

the problem is, i want to keep things as portable as possible. just connect powerleads and be settled... at most just one Firewire (or USB). (no network cables -> wireless).

The laptop i have is smaller than the projector itself. it all fits very neatly in a small samsonite bag... and no-one even suspects it to contain a laptop and projector. the only problem is... the speakers... most of the projectors in the VPL serie (Sony) do have a builtin speaker, but it is just not spectacular enough.

A

Anonymous

I use a IBM T41 with bluetooth and SE K700. I installed mediaportal on it before me and a coupple of friends went to a hut for the weekend. Needless to say, they liked the opportunity to have 50GB of mp3 avaliable, and the "remote control" setup on the K700 is perfect for the job!

Two of the others also got the same phone, and after adding them on the laptop, they also could control mediaportal`s simple GUI.

DrErling

A

Anonymous

Tip:
1) Go to eBay
2) in the search field type USB speakers

This way you can get speakers that will plug directly into your notebook if you have an USB port. No additional plugs needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom